Procurement Specialist - Indirect
|Location|| Dayton, Tennessee |
About this job
** 5% Quarterly Bonus
*** Full Benefits starting on day 1
Reporting directly to the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Specialist – Indirect is responsible for operational purchase to pay process including timely placement of purchase orders and supporting end users with expediting and supply related escalations.
- Responsible for assigned commodities within Indirect Materials Procurement including MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operational) to secure the best possible technical and commercial results for the company, in alignment with procurement strategies and organizational policies (e.g. sustainability)
- Contributes to the development of operational procurement processes and indirect category teamwork.
- Purchase order and delivery schedule planning and placing within the frame agreements given by Category Manager, Strategic Purchaser or Regional Procurement Manager
- Delivery control and order confirmation handling
- Ability to source Indirect Materials and Services as assigned.
- Frequent communication with suppliers regarding deliveries
- Minor claim handling
- Invoice error handling
- Escalates supply issues and risks to regional procurement and category manager.
- Ensures that regional sourcing activities are carried out in compliance with local laws, as well as company approved policies, processes, and instructions.
- Delivers on assigned KPI’s and targets for indirect material procurement, including but not limited to service and delivery accuracy, requisition processing time, invoice auto-matching, cost savings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Purchasing / Supply Chain Management or related field.
- 1 - 3 years of successful experience in the indirect commodity sector within a global manufacturing organization with ability to be promoted to Procurement Manager Position
- Demonstrated technical understanding for assigned indirect categories including how machines /equipment function and of their spare parts needs.
- Proficiency in purchasing processes to include Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP), negotiation, cost reduction, contracts, supplier selection and project implementation.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to conduct routine tasks with meticulous approach and attention to detail.
- Must be able to make decisions with insufficient information regarding material demand.
- Must be able to make decisions regarding purchase order timing and delivery schedule to secure sufficient supply of materials.
- Must be able to make decisions regarding purchase price (within the approval limits)
- Strong data analysis skills with proficiency with MS-office and the ability to learn new systems, experience with Maximo Asset Management Software is a plus.
- Professional verbal and written skills
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Attention to detail.
- Hybrid Position with expectation of up to 40% of time working at manufacturing facility.
- Travel 5-15%
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position will not offer relocation or visa sponsorship.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The duties are performed indoors in a traditional office setting with indoor environmental conditions and noise.
- Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer.
- Ability to communicate orally with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Occasional work in the manufacturing/warehouse area may be required.
- Must be able to continuously stand, hear, listen, talk, walk, bend, stoop, kneel or squat.
- Occasionally required to sit, use repetitive hand motion, pull, push and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) eligible after one month
- 401(k) matching 100% on first 5%
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Quarterly incentive bonus
- Profit sharing
Nokian Tyres is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.