- $73,813 to $107,089
Verified per yearPublic Health Institute • 7h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourOUTFRONT Media • 7h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
- $26.77 - $32.52
Verified per hourUC San Diego • 7h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourBeverages & More, Inc. • 7h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourCella • 2h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourBristol Myers Squibb • 5d ago Urgently hiring
Business Development Manager - Full-time
About this job
The Business Development Manager is responsible for generating new business opportunities by developing
relationships within the insurance industry. Primary responsibilities include inside and outside sales activities
such as networking, lead generation, social media, and participation in trade associations.
This is a highly compensated position with commission potential.
Base Salary Range $85,000 to $95,000
Commission OTE starts at $20k to $30k
- Business Development Activity
- Face To Face Meetings
- Generating Whale Leads
- Average Sold At Profit Margin (mix of business)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Nurture and expand existing business relationships to increase lead generation and average job size
- Locate, present to, and sell BluSky to new and prospects
- Maintain membership and involvement in targeted associations and achieve significant committee and/or leadership positions
- Support all BluSky Sales efforts by following up on leads
- Prepare and present sales proposals and BluSky contingency plans
- Achieve 100 connects per week with clients and prospects via meetings, phone, social media, email, etc.
- Document and track leads and business development activities in Restoration Manager
- Work with leadership to plan association involvement levels and budgets
- Work with Senior Management to design and implement advertising strategies including content selection and budgeting for local office needs
- Participate in and represent BluSky in tradeshows, golf tournaments, and promotional events
- Plan and organize marketing functions; including golf tournaments, charitable events, and other networking and social activities, many of which is after normal business hours
- Partner with sales team on the creation and planning of BluSky University educational seminars
- Become and remain proficient on our services and the associated terminology.
- Adhere to company employment standards and Best Practices
- Provide the highest level of internal and external customer service at all times
- Contribute positively to the BluSky culture and community
- All other duties or projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related preferred
- 3+ years outside sales experience required, within the restoration industry preferred
- Must be able to attend networking functions 2-4 evenings a week
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
- Experience inputting and tracking sales related data into a CRM system
- Valid driver's license
- An outgoing, driven, tenacious, team-oriented attitude is a must!
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is required to regularly move and walk around the office.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus sales commission. BluSky also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a matching 401(k) plan, health insurance (medical, dental and vision), paid time off, long term disability, vehicle allowance, gas card, expense account, laptop, smart phone, and company apparel.
BluSky is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. BluSky prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 or over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by Federal, State, or local law. It is and will continue to be the policy of BluSky that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity based on their individual qualifications, performance, and potential without regard for any protected status, as required by state and federal law.