est. per hourFive Below • 4d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourCommonwealth of Massachusetts: Executive Office of Health and Human Services • 1h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourCumberland Farms • 11h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourUno Pizzeria & Grill • 11d ago
Automotive Technician - Timberlane School District - Full-time / Part-time
| Verified Pay ||$27 - $31 / hour|
|Location||Plaistow, New Hampshire|
About this job
First Student is now hiring an Automotive Technician for our shop serving Timberlane School District!
Up to $31 / hour and a $3,000 sign-on bonus*!
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts.
Why join First as an Automotive Technician?
- $27 - $31 / hour set per Union contract and based on experience and qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- $3,000 sign-on bonus*
- An additional $.20 per hour for each ASE certification you possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday - Friday 9:30 am - 6:00 pm full-time shift schedule and consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Automotive Technician Position
As a Diesel Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and repair International, PSI, Thomas Built Buses, GM & Ford Cutaway, and Ford van school buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety while guiding lower-level technicians. Other major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair, including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.
Automotive Technician Qualifications
- Valid driver’s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL while employed – We train!
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic’s toolset.
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program. Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
Get your career on the road with First Student!
*conditions apply; offer expires 8/31/2023
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.