Head of Manufacturing Support - Full-time / Part-time
|Location||West boxford, Massachusetts|
About this job
By clicking the “Apply” button, I understand that my employment application process with Takeda will commence and that the information I provide in my application will be processed in line with Takeda’s and . I further attest that all information I submit in my employment application is true to the best of my knowledge.Job Description
About the role:
As the Head of Manufacturing Support, you will be responsible for leading the team of Manufacturing Training and Operations Support, Compliance and Documentation professionals and provide effective support to internal manufacturing operations to enable delivery of the plan of record and realization of the manufacturing strategy. This is an on site position that reports to the Head of Manufacturing Operations.
How you will contribute:
- Motivate and support the career development and technical expertise of staff and communicate company policies/goals/strategies/business results.
- Anticipate resource requirements, delegate appropriately, and assure staff members are productive and work is focused /aligned with company and departmental objectives.
- Foster teamwork and drive process improvement.
- Effectively communicate ideas, team priorities, and results.
- Coordinate effective Manufacturing SME input into investigations, CAPAs, Change Controls, and Document revisions.
- Coordinate all area data gathering requests and manage timelines toward completion.
- Manage the implementation of manufacturing deliverables/action items for quality system drivers, such as investigations and CAPAs.
- Support regulatory inspections and commitments.
- Develop strategy & enable the streamlined delivery of training to manufacturing personnel on operations and Lean manufacturing systems.
- Manage the development and revision of training material and resources to support effective training of manufacturing personnel.
- Create and lead strategy for effective project support as evidenced by successful implementation(s) on the floor.
- Engage in PR active measures to promote and foster a culture of continuous improvement for the organization.
- Organize the manufacturing continuous improvement pipeline, monitor progress towards implementation, and support process to closure.
- Develop and monitor weekly departmental metrics and identify opportunities for improvements to optimize business performance.
- Ensure adherence to assigned cGMP training requirements.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering or Science
- 8 plus (8+) years of relevant experience in commercial biotechnology or pharmaceutical production.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan.
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings.
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days.
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions.
- Family Planning Support.
- Professional training and development opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement.
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing and a strong understanding of manufacturing and compliance functions.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Evaluate and prioritize activities to support the business and contribute to the company while understanding the specific priorities at the multiple sites.
- Be required to carry a cellular device and be available to support production requirements at all sites. May require occasional travel.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
#GMSGQ #ZR1 #LI-MA1
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsUSA - MA - Cambridge - Alewife - BIO OPSWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time