The job below is no longer available.
est. per hourDNAnexus • 3h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
- $49.07 to $68.74
Verified per hourEngage2Excel • 3h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Verified per hourShared Imaging • 5d ago Urgently hiring
- Clinical Management Consultants • 2h ago
Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourDNAnexus • 3h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Clinical Psychologist - San Leandro - 40 hours - Full-time / Part-time
•30 days ago
About this job
$15,000 Sign on bonus eligible!
Provides mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention services for adult and/or child members who present themselves from psychiatric evaluation with a broad range of mental health needs. Collaborates with treating physician, psychiatric and allied health professional team to plan and direct each individual member's treatment program.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates clinical treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of Health Plan members with acute or chronic mental illness. Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate treatment programs. Provides outpatient psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families and groups. Instructs and counsels patients and their families regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and adherence to prescribed medication regimens, within the scope of practice. May administer specialized therapeutic procedures, as appropriate. Provides appropriate support to member's family. May develop and conducts psychoeducational classes and groups.
- May conduct psychological assessments, including test administration, interpretation, and recommendations. Prepares intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries and maintains ongoing confidential records. Charts member's treatment and progress in accord with state and NCQA regulations and in keeping with accepted community standards. May be required to participate in the department on-call rotation.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of practice. Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment. May develop, implements, and evaluates behavioral medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of settings, including primary care. Provides consultation to other care providers and health educators on matters relating to mental health, health psychology and behavioral medicine. Provides clinical supervision to psychology doctoral interns, psychology postdoctoral residents, and other mental health trainees/fellows as necessary.
- May supervise Post Master's Fellows, Associate Clinical Social Workers, Associate Marriage Family Therapists or Associate Professional Clinical Counselors as needed if supervision course is completed.
- May provide appropriate support to member's family, including explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to treatment, at member's request.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment to include referral of the member and/or member's family to external resources, as appropriate. Participates in departmental program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies
- PhD/PsyD/EdD in Clinical Counseling, Health or School Psychology from an accredited college or university.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current valid license to practice psychology in the State of California or valid license to practice in a state in the United States and able to practice under Business and Professional Code Section 2946 (maximum of 180 days subject to the specifics of the regulation).
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Must be familiar with DSM-V as a means of diagnosis.
- Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad range of psychiatric conditions.
- May be required to participate in the department on-call rotation.
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research methods.
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to mental health.
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective treatment plans.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations and APA standards as it related to client treatment, patient rights and client/patient confidentiality.
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include psychological testing, diagnosis, crisis intervention, brief individual and group psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of psychological testing techniques, administration and interpretation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership.
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated experience in psychological evaluations of adults, children, adolescents, & families, including administering & writing up psychological testing & assessment batteries preferred.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities, preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner, preferred
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective treatment plans, preferred.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy, preferred.
- Bilingual speaking in Spanish preferred but not required.
PrimaryLocation : California,San Leandro,San Leandro Behavioral Health
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Variable
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun *Variable
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A05-IBHS|NUHW|NUHW Integ Behavioral Hlth Ser
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Department : San Leandro Hospital - Mental Health/Psychiatry - 0206
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.