The job below is no longer available.
est. per hourFRESENIUS • 2d ago Urgently hiring
Associate Therapist - Psychiatric Counselor - Full-time / Part-time
•30 days ago
|Location||Agoura hills, California|
About this job
Provides supervised clinical social work services to adults, children and families with emotional and/or social problems utilizing established psychotherapeutic techniques in both inpatient and outpatient settings; consults and collaborates with members of the patients family and other health care professionals.
• Under supervision and referring to and utilizing licensed staff for appropriate decisions when necessary conducts initial interviews with member by eliciting and understanding the psychological and social meaning of complaints, symptoms, current and past history, to determine the nature and urgency of members need.
• Provides member with a professional understanding of his/her presentation, recommends a course of action such as beginning therapy or counseling, or a specific action plan that member can carry out without additional professional guidance or consultation.
• Provides clinical case management services to adults, adolescents and children; selects and uses appropriate treatment modality in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
• Renders appropriate immediate guidance and therapeutic services to help individuals and families cope with emotional crisis or psychiatric emergencies.
• Maintains a written record of therapy or counseling sessions; prepares reports and letters concerning patient; phones, writes and visits, with clients signed written permission, social agencies schools, relatives, friends, etc., to obtain pertinent information.
• Provides telephone counseling, resource information, and referral services.
• Participates in departmental/ locational project assignments and activities such as CQI activity and OD duty.
• Provides psycho-education for members in context of a prescribed treatment.
• One (1) year of supervised field experience in a clinical setting required.
- - Master of Social Work degree OR Masters degree in a related Behavioral Health field from an accredited College or University setting.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker (California) OR Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (California) OR Associate Professional Clinical Counselor Registration (California)
- Once hired as an Associate, an employee will be offered and must work a schedule that would accumulate at least half of the required supervisory hours annually.
- Upon completion of supervised hours, the employee must obtain state licensure within two and one-half (2.5) years. If hired as a license-eligible employee (i.e. has completed all clinical hours), the employee has two and one-half (2.5) years from their date of hire to complete state licensure.
PrimaryLocation : California,Thousand Oaks,Thousand Oaks 145 Hodencamp Rd. Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 07:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : B11-PSC|NUHW|NUHW Psych Social Chapter
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Department : Thousand Oaks Conejo MOB - Mental Hlth/Psychiatry-RegClin - 0806
Travel : Yes, 15 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.