Class A CDL Driver - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay ||$24 per hour|
About this job
Thompson Industrial Services, powered by Clean Harbors, in Athens, TN is looking for a Class A CDL Driver to join their safety conscious team! The Class A CDL Driver is responsible for operation of equipment including, but not limited to Roll Off Trailers and Dry Vans. Your responsibility will be to manage customer environmental program by picking up waste at customer facilities and transporting to a Thompson Industrial location or other disposal site. The Class A CDL Driver serves as a primary customer contact for environmental/hazardous waste.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Industrial setting – Refinery, Petro-Chemical, Utilities, Pulp and Paper Mills, etc.
WORK LOCATION: Athens, TN
PLEASE READ ALL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/PHYSICAL DEMANDS - YOU MAY BE A GREAT FIT!!!!
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Class A CDL; must be willing to travel.
***MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE A MANUAL AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION***
***GREAT PAY & BENEFITS***
Experience in environment area a plus, Roll Off trailers, and dry vans a plus!
Why work for Thompson Industrial?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive hourly rates with weekly overtime and paid travel!
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career!
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Picks up waste from customer locations utilizing vans, roll-off and/or tanker units;
- Ensures proper loading and unloading of hazardous waste/non-hazardous waste;
- Properly secures the loads;
- Guarantees placarding of vehicle to meet Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/regulations;
- Maintains daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports.
What does it take to work for Thompson Industrial?
- Class A or B CDL License Required;
- Hazmat Endorsement Required (or ability to acquire);
- Minimum 1 Year Previous Roll Off Truck Experience Required;
- Must be Able to Travel up to 2 Nights Per Week;
- Ability to obtain Tanker endorsement upon hire;
- Ability to perform manual labor as required.
40-years of sustainability in action.
Thompson Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Thompson Industrial is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
We thank all those interested in joining the Thompson Industrial team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.