Concrete Pump Operator - Part-time
|Location|| Maryville, Tennessee |
About this job
CPP is a regional concrete pumping company with its headquarters in Nashville, TN. We also have locations in Chattanooga TN, Knoxville TN, Louisville KY, Bowling Green KY, Atlanta GA, Huntsville AL, Phenix City AL, Denver CO, and Colorado Springs CO.
A Concrete Pump Operator is a skilled machine operator typically working on construction job sites. A pump operator typically goes to one or even two different job sites per day. Duties include controlling the operation of the pump and the output of concrete by directing the boom. They are also responsible for getting the machine to and from the job site and making sure the pump is ready for the next job.
- Drive the pump in a safe and conscientious manner to the job site and back to the yard.
- Operate the pump in a safe and conscientious manner, set up system, and clean out the pump after the job.
- Light repair of pumps: Some maintenance is required. Know the pump well enough to recognize problems and report them.
- Customer relations: Represent the Company through efficient work and courteous service.
- Keep unit clean: Keep the pump and truck washed and free of concrete and grease. Keep system free of concrete.
- Yard: Return system after use to appropriate location in yard. Keep yard neat and orderly.
- Paperwork: Complete and submit pump inspection forms, job ticket and maintenance forms. Keep an accurate timecard of time worked.
- Routine maintenance of greasing fittings & greaser, changing gaskets & checking fluid levels.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent work experience
- Six to 12 months experience or equivalent work conditions preferred.
- CDL - No restrictions preferred
- DOT Medical Examiners' Certificate
- Ability to pass a Functional Capacity Exam (FCE)
- Familiarity with construction safety work rules.
- Customer service mindset
- Familiarity with concrete industry a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization.
- Ability to self-manage priorities and deliverables. Flexible in responding to changing demands, goals, timelines, and priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present ideas clearly.
- Must be able to meet DOT requirements for hearing and seeing.
- Must be able to verbally communicate to others.
- Good manual dexterity to climb on and around the pump in all weather conditions common to the area of the country.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds to overhead position.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must have the balance and dexterity to maneuver around a construction site, and must enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be drug and alcohol free.
Standing 20% of time Frequently required for an 8-14 hour shift
Walking 20% of time Frequently required for an 8-14 hour shift
Sitting 60% of time Frequently required for an 8-14 hour shift
Lifting 50 LBS Occasionally lifts and/or moves 50 lbs
Carrying 50 LBS Occasionally lifts and/or moves 50 lbs
Pushing 50 LBS Occasionally moves up to 50 pounds
Pulling 50 LBS Occasionally moves up to 50 pounds
Climbing Must be able to handle heights and carry up to 50 lbs up stairs/ladder
Bending/Stooping Frequently stoops to pick up material
Kneeling Frequently kneels to pick up material
Crouching Frequently crouches to pick up material
Crawling Rarely Crawls inside drum to chip, confined spaces
Reaching Frequent reaching, sometimes above head, requiring repetitive motions during an 8-14 hour shift
Handling Grips, grasps, twist, handle and operate objects, tools and controls using hands and wrists requiring repetitive motions during an 8-14 hour shift
Speaking Must be able to speak clearly and at an audible level
Hearing Must be able to pass hearing test on DOT physical
Seeing Must be able to pass sight test on DOT physical
Depth perception Must be able to pass sight test on DOT physical
Working Conditions and Additional Requirements
This job operates in a shop environment and on construction sites. Hours fluctuate based on demands of business. Travel to other shops within the company and job sites may be required. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. This position routinely requires use of company vehicles on company business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license and maintain an acceptable driving record. Employees in this position will be subject to pre-employment and random Motor Vehicle Record and alcohol and drug testing as a condition of continued employment. Regularly works while standing, climbing, and bending in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. Works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, controlled chemical odors or airborne particles, with risk of vibration and possible exposure to cement (which could cause skin irritation). The noise level is moderate, but can fluctuate. Personal protective equipment required for daily use: safety glasses, hard hat, ear plugs, work boots, and gloves.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL (No restrictions preferred) (Required)
Work Location: One location