est. per hourRAYUS Radiology • 2h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourTRIMEDX • 3h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Verified per hourConcentra • 3h ago Just posted
est. per hourECHN • 2d ago Urgently hiring
Verified per hourSiemens Healthineers • 1h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourISO New England • 3h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
NP or PA: In-home Primary Care - Springfield / Chicopee, MA - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
$40,000 Student Loan Repayment or $20,000 Sign-on Bonus for individuals who have not previously participated in this program.
As a Landmark Health Provider, now a part of the Optum family, you visit your panel of patients in the comfort of their own homes. You spend all the time needed to ensure your patients’ health issues are addressed. You create a friendly and trusting relationship with each patient and his or her family. You have the support of a collaborative, multidisciplinary clinical team who works in the field with you. And you do it all at no added cost to the patient.
Landmark is not a fee-for-service practice. We create successful patient outcomes and high levels of satisfaction for our patients. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality time caring for a smaller number of patients.
Landmark is now the nation’s largest risk-based, in-home medical group, with operations in numerous markets across the US. At Landmark, we live by the principle of one mission, one vision, one team.
By observing your patients in their homes, you will gain valuable insights into aspects of their lives – sometimes subtle, but always important - that otherwise may never be revealed in a traditional care setting. You will have the resources of our custom electronic medical records (EMR) program, comprehensive mobile medical technology system, and dedicated technical support department.
As a Landmark Advanced Practice Provider, you will:
- Manage chronic illnesses in a complex elderly population with multimorbid conditions focused on wellness, avoiding unnecessary hospitalizations and ER visits, providing patient education about disease processes, improving overall quality of care, and increasing patient satisfaction in the healthcare system
- Document timely with an added focus on closing HEDIS quality gap measures and recapturing HCCs
- Engage new patients enrolling in the program with a comprehensive geriatric focused initial assessment that includes functional eval, social and safety assessments, cognitive screening and mental health assessments and more
- Triage, diagnose, and treat patients on an urgent basis in home with an array of equipment and medications
- Order and interpret appropriate tests including x-rays, labs, and EKGs to diagnose, prescribe and treat within the provider’s scope of practice and consistent with the standards of care
- Start treatment in the home at the point of care
- Collaborate with patient’s PCP and specialists as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Education and/or Experience:
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner accredited program or Physician Assistant program
- 2+ years of clinical (NP or PA) experience, desired
- Knowledge of long-term care, community resources and cost-effective alternatives regarding patient care delivery systems
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPC codes
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Awareness about UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems is helpful
- Language Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Windows 2000 and MS Office Word Processing software.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current state license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- The employee is required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** Employees must be in an active regular status. Employees must remain in role for a minimum of 12 months from the date of hire/rehire/transfer. If an employee leaves Home and Community, the student loan repayments will cease. The employee must remain in an Advanced Practice Clinician or Physician role within Home and Community for 36 months to receive the full benefit of the student loan repayments.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.