Registered Veterinary Technician - Overnight - Full-time
| Verified Pay ||$20-$36/hr|
|Location||Woodland hills, California|
About this job
If helping provide care for pets in need is your calling, then look no further than ACCESS San Fernando Valley. We are looking for an Experienced Veterinary Technician to help care for our furry friends. *RVT preferred*
Our starting pay ranges from $20-$36/hr, dependent upon experience and skills assessment. Technician Growth. Our Level Up program ensures that you get paid for the things you learn, increasing your earning potential with each Level achieved. Industry leading benefits. We care about you and your family with benefits such as 100% paid parental leave (and purr-rental leave), paid bereavement, financial planning assistance and educational opportunities.. We celebrate YOU. ACCESS, as a part of the Thrive Pet Healthcare Family, introduces the Milestone Award Program, an innovational bonus program that rewards your time spent doing what you love to do every day.
Our technician team is vital to the success of our hospital. ACCESS is one of the largest multispecialty veterinary hospitals in Southern California. And we trust our technician team to provide excellent care for their patients, alongside our team of doctors. While your day to day can vary, some of the daily responsibilities can include:
· Perform triages with an understanding of what a triage is and how to obtain a basic history from the owner. Know what triages are considered immediate.
· Perform nursing care for patients consistently evaluating the patient
· Give accurate and detailed patient rounds
· Patient ECG knowledge and know how
· Perform safe patient restraint for physical exam, blood collection, IV catheter placement, abdominal ultrasound, cardiac ultrasound.
· Perform in house laboratory snap tests including FeLV, FIV, 4Dx, Cortisol, Parvo
· Set up for and assist as needed for IVC placement
Our best candidates will have:
· Previous veterinary experience in a nursing role (at least 2 years) **RVT preferred**
· Must be able to handle the physical and emotional aspect of work in a veterinary clinic environment.
· Commitment to continued educational development and growth.
· Must have active listening, critical thinking, complex problem solving, time management, judgment and decision-making skills.
· Professional and friendly demeanor with staff and clients
· Embodies our guiding principles of Quality, Integrity, Compassion and Service
Apply now to speak to a member of our Leadership Team and learn why you should join the pack at ACCESS Specialty Animal Hospital- San Fernando Valley!PandoLogic. Keywords: Veterinary Technician, Location: Woodland Hills, CA - 91365 , PL: 569208118