est. per hourStaples • 3d ago
est. per hourWALGREENS • 3d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourDollar Tree • 21d ago
Design Management Team Member(s)
|Location|| Glencoe, Illinois |
About this job
Want to be a part of the most AUDACIOUS and radically EXCELLENT Paint & Decorating Retailer in the Country? Join our amazing team where you are not only part of growing company but also a family! The JC Licht family where everyone is equally important.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager and Showroom Manager for our Design Showroom in Glencoe.
Do you have an eye for color and a passion for design? JC Licht is looking to add to their Home Fashions Design team. At JC Licht, our fast-growing team is always on the lookout for the next exceptional colleagues to join us. If you have a passion for interior design, and customer service skills to match, we may be right for each other.
We've been providing expert advice and assistance to those looking to breathe new life into their Chicagoland homes since 1907 through our 62 locations throughout the greater Chicago Land area. Our customers are also our neighbors and friends, and they trust us to share our expertise and provide them with superior products and outstanding service. As a JC Licht service professional, we train you in our extensive line of products ensuring the ability to offer expert advice to assist our clients every step of the way!
As a part of the Design Management Team your focus will be to assist clients in the selection of custom window treatments, wallcoverings, and paint colors/finishes. Whether the customer is a contractor, designer, or homeowner, the objective is to meet their needs in a manner that represents the JC Licht premium brand name and Make it Happen credo.
- Be a team leader in helping capture leads and service clients
- Aid clients on the showroom floor with design choices and orders
- Stay up to date on design trends
- Resolve customer issues in a proper and efficient manner
- Assist all customers in a professional and timely manner upon them entering the showroom
- Answer customer telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate manner per company guidelines
- Provide knowledgeable assistance to customers with all product lines and services offered by the showroom
- Ensure that the physical appearance of the showroom is maintained and that all displays are in excellent working condition
- Present a professional, neat appearance, maintain a good attendance record, and arrive to work at the scheduled time
- Ensure that the store is properly opened and closed in accordance with company policy
- Complete all paperwork reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain merchandising standards established by JC Licht Senior Management Team including window displays, showroom displays, promotional content etc.
- Be able to navigate POS system and prepare quotes.
- Monitor all outstanding quotes of staff members and coach on how to earn the business of every opportunity
- Cultivate appointments for our In-Home services from daily store traffic.
- Ability to drive sales and exceed monthly sales goals.
- Excellent follow up skills to earn sales and ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Work collaboratively with In-Home associates to service customers in a manner that best suits their needs
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- Must be able to perform light lifting
- Ability to scout and establish relationships with potential designers to create and drive new business
- Must ensure that all store employees have a working knowledge of various products
- When necessary, develop training programs
- Must ensure employees deliver excellent customer service to our customers
- Encourage a viable team-oriented working environment through good communication
- Work with the Director of In-Store Design to ensure that the store is properly staffed
- Conduct periodic performance reviews for the purpose of assessing employee performance. When necessary, must also administer corrective action in accordance with company policy
- Ensure that the store complies with all federal/state regulations and company policies including, but not limited to: ADA, EEOC, Workers Compensation – Wage & Hour requirements, Sexual Harassment, etc.
· Assistant Manager: $24-$25/ hr., Showroom Manager: $58,000-$65,000/ year
· 401(k) with a match
· Health, dental, vision insurance
· Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
· Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Accounts
· Life Insurance, Optional Short-term/Long-term disability
· Competitive pay plus commission
- Requires a two- or four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Effective financial planning and management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience, preferably industry related
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Experience in window treatments, color consultation, and/or interior design a plus OR sales experience for other home improvement/design product lines