est. per hourHoward Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) • 6h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourBay Cove Human Services • 6h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
- Takeda Pharmaceutical • 9d ago
est. per hourKura Oncology • 6h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) • 6h ago
Just posted Urgently hiring
Verified per hourBay Cove Human Services • 6h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourBay Cove Human Services • 6h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Program Operations Coordinator - Part-time
|Location|| Boston, Massachusetts |
About this job
Position Title: Program Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Admission/Dean of Operations
The Steppingstone Foundation prepares students from marginalized communities to access, navigate, and graduate from college through two initiatives, the Steppingstone Scholars Program and the National Partnership for Educational Access (NPEA). The Steppingstone Scholars Program is a direct-service program in Boston that provides academic, social-emotional, and college-readiness services to students, called Scholars, beginning as early as fifth grade and continuing all the way through college graduation. The Steppingstone Scholars Program consists of five components: Admissions, the Academy, Middle School Success, High School Success, and College Success. NPEA connects the people, practices, and innovations for eliminating barriers to educational access, and college and career success for historically marginalized students.
The Program Operations Coordinator is a multifaceted, collaborative role dedicated to supporting the work of numerous direct service teams with the operations of summer and academic year programming for the Steppingstone Scholars Program. The Program Operations Coordinator will oversee a diverse array of administrative duties across departments, serve as the main office point of contact for enrolled families in the Academy, and support recruitment, interview and financial aid scheduling, and enrollment management.
A $500 home office set-up stipend will be provided upon hire, followed by quarterly stipends of $50. Laptops are provided to each employee to enhance the hybrid experience.
Academic Year Schedule:
The format of Steppingstone's academic year programming is virtual classes on Wednesdays from 4:15-6:30 PM and in-person classes on Saturdays at Boston Latin Academy from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. To support the weekly operations of classes, the Program Operations Coordinator will work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule from September through April (with the addition of a few Saturday events in May and June). Steppingstone has adopted a hybrid work model which consists of two days in the South End office, one day at Boston Latin Academy on Saturdays, and two days remotely, with some flexibility around work hours.
During the school year, this position will be a hybrid role with two days in office, one day at the program site on Saturdays, and two days remotely, with some flexibility around work hours.
During the summer, Steppingstone hosts a 6-week in-person program for Scholars, which will be held at Milton Academy in July and August. The Program Operations Coordinator must be able to work in person at Milton Academy Monday-Friday from approximately 7:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m., and until 5:00 p.m. on Wednesdays for faculty meetings. Due to the nature of the summer session, PTOs are granted on a very limited basis from the middle of June through August.
Salary Range: $47,000 - $54,000
Start Date: July 2023
Academy Programming Support
- Serve as the main office/front desk point person at Boston Latin Academy on Saturdays during the academic year and during the summer session at Milton Academy, including answering the phone, tracking and communicating Scholar attendance, ordering supplies, and responding to staff and family needs
- Help Scholars with tech or internet issues during Wednesday remote programming and be available for general support in main Zoom room
- Support the organization, set up, and breakdown of site materials on Saturdays during the academic year
- Manage the Scholar enrollment form process prior to the start of the summer session including form collection, tracking, and family follow-up
- Managing Scholar data tracking in collaboration with external organizations (ex. Boston Beyond)
Admission Interviews and Financial Aid Meeting Scheduling
- Support fall recruitment efforts by updating liaison contact information, managing a calendar of event dates, and when necessary, attending recruitment events
- Manage the scheduling of financial aid appointments and admission interviews, including reaching out to families, communicating with staff, and managing scheduling spreadsheets and calendar invites
- Support the Admission team in collecting and tracking paperwork from finalist families
- Provide administrative support to program teams including, but not limited to, data entry, ordering supplies (classroom materials, books, t-shirts, etc), and classroom material creation
- Participate in telephone coverage and welcoming visitors to the South End office
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated commitment to educational and racial equity in college access and success
- Cross cultural sensitivity and experience working with diverse populations
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong time management combined with initiative and flexibility
- Strong computer skills; experience with Salesforce or similar CRMs is desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive, especially spreadsheets
- Preference given to candidates who are fluent in one of the following languages: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Arabic, or Haitian Creole
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Lifting up to 20 pounds, standing, walking, sitting, reaching, operating computer and office equipment
- Pursuant to the ADA, Steppingstone will provide reasonable services and accommodation(s) to employees with qualified disabilities in order to perform the essential functions of their employment, except when doing so would be unduly disruptive and/or result in undue hardship to the organization.
To Apply: Please input your resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and how you learned about this position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
As a condition of employment, all Steppingstone employees, including full-time, part-time, temporary and contract employees, and interns, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To be considered fully vaccinated, individuals must have received two doses of the approved Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, and remain up to date with all boosters recommended by the CDC prior to the finalization of the hiring process. Finalists will be given details about how to demonstrate receipt of vaccination.
Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles, particularly those involving close contact with students, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. Steppingstone will engage in the interactive accommodation process on an individualized basis in light of each particular role.
- Generous paid time off
- 15 days PTO
- 5 wellness days
- 12.5 holidays
- 2 weeks paid office closure
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition & Professional Development reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Health and Dependent Care
- Pre-tax Transportation Plan (Transit & Parking)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Membership to the National Partnership for Educational Access (NPEA)
Steppingstone Core Values
Power of One
- We honor every voice and believe we are strongest when we work together.
- We recognize, respect, and nurture the fullness and complexity of each member of our community.
- We believe in the power of belonging and seek to create a welcoming and inclusive culture.
Walk the Walk
- We partner with every Scholar and family, supporting them holistically throughout their own educational journey.
- We work with a clear and measurable purpose, using data to drive collective decision-making and challenge assumptions.
- We create spaces for difficult conversations to transform our thinking and move us forward.
- We strive to operate as an anti-racist organization and commit to continuous learning and action in the service of this goal.
- We provide opportunities for everyone in our community to flourish and reach their full potential.
- We make time for reflection, learn from past experiences, and take initiative in response to changing needs and new ideas.
The Steppingstone Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or handicap, as defined by law.
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Metrowest Medical Center
- OneStaff Medical
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- MedPro Healthcare Allied Staffing
- Host Healthcare
- Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
- New England Baptist Hospital
- Anders Group
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Care Dimensions