Psychiatrist - Now Hiring
|Ithaca, New York
About this job
Cayuga Medical Center is seeking a Psychiatrist in Ithaca, New York. Join an Integrated, Innovative, Independent Provider Lead Health Care System with Excellent Quality of Life.
- We are looking for psychiatric care to be provided on a continuum with a multi-disciplinary medical team that includes primary care providers, an integrated primary care behaviorist, and a collaborative care consulting psychiatrist in close collaboration with Ithaca College campus partners.
- Provide clinically indicated psychiatric services to Ithaca College students in the Student Health Center at Ithaca College with close collaboration and support with a primary care integrated behavioral health team.
- The Psychiatrist would serve as a staff member of the Medical Department employed by Cayuga Health at Ithaca College.
- This is a part-time or full-time, health system employed Psychiatrist position with a competitive base salary and incentives.
- We have a full complement of medical and surgical sub-specialty service lines to support our growing healthcare network including ample support from advanced providers, nursing and support staff.
- Cayuga Medical Center is also home to an Internal Medicine residency program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Psychiatric assessment and evaluation of students screened and referred to them under the direction of the Director of Student Health Services.
- Psychiatric care will center on providing care for students with outpatient psychiatric care needs that fall outside of the scope of primary care services.
- Psychiatric assessment and evaluation of students returning to campus following medical leaves of absence or inpatient admissions as needed.
- Psychiatric diagnostic assessments for common college health mental health conditions such as ADHD, Eating disorders, unstable Bipolar Disorder.
- Psychiatric treatment as indicated, to include counseling and initiation, prescribing, and management of psychopharmacologic treatment.
- Provide medical orders as necessary, including required labs, medications, and other interventions as needed or appropriate.
- Collaboration with campus partners such as CAPS, Student Accessibility Services, ICare, and others.
- Complete required assessment and treatment documentation in a timely manner and in a professionally acceptable format compatible with Colleges record-keeping.
- Consultation with staff when necessary to manage emergent patient issues.
- Collaborate with, and provide education to, the College Student Health Services and Counseling and Psychological Services staff, as well as to other members of the integrated primary care behavioral intervention team that may be involved in the patients care and treatment.
- Make recommendations to the Director of Student Health Services for improvement of mental health services provided by the College.
You might also like
in Ithaca, NY
Cayuga Medical Center • 16h ago
Cayuga Medical Associates • 2d ago
Cayuga Medical Center • 12h ago
Cayuga Medical Center • 12h ago
Nearby Job TitlesRegistered Nurse Jobs Truck Driver Jobs Taxi Driver Jobs Driver Jobs Radiologic Technologist Jobs
Nearby LocationsIthaca, NY Jobs Cortland, NY Jobs Montour Falls, NY Jobs Covert, NY Jobs New York Jobs
Nearby CompaniesCayuga Medical Center Jobs DoorDash Jobs Uber Jobs Wright Jobs Care.com Jobs
Nearby CategoriesFull-time Jobs Part-time Jobs Gig Jobs
Posting ID: 846072127 Posted: 2024-03-01 Job Title: Psychiatrist