Physician - Neurohospitalist - Covington, LA
| Estimated Pay
|$38 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
The Ochsner Health Neurosciences Institute is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Neurohospitalist. Opportunities exist at our facilities located in Covington, LA providing coverage at St. Tammany Parish Hospital.
The Ochsner Health Neurosciences Institute is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Neurohospitalist. Ochsner Health is an integrated healthcare system with more than 36,000 employees and over 4,600 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. It operates 47 hospitals and more than 370 health and urgent care centers across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Gulf South.
Opportunities exist at our facilities located in Covington, LA providing coverage at St. Tammany Parish Hospital for BC/BE GENERAL NEUROHOSPITALIST.
- Hospital Medicine was established at Ochsner in 1992. We have a stable 50+ member group
- Call Coverage at our Northshore partner Facility, St. Tammany Parish Hospital in Covington, LA
- 7 on 7 off block schedule with flexibility
- Shared Call and Rotation
- Consult only service—no primary patients
- Dedicated Hospitalists and nocturnists cover nights
- Base plus up to 40K in incentives
- Tele stroke covers any stroke codes and tPA decisions.
- Continuous EEG monitoring is available
- E-ICU intensivist support with open ICUs at the community hospitals
- EPIC medical record system with remote access capabilities
- Dedicated RN and Social Work Clinical Care Coordinators
- Community based academic appointment
- Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence award in 3 medical specialties
- Co-hosts of the annual Southern Hospital Medicine Conference
- We are a medical school in partnership with the University of Queensland providing clinical training to third- and fourth-year students
- Leadership support focused on professional development, quality improvement, and academic committees & projects
- Opportunities for leadership development, research, resident and medical student teaching
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
This is a great opportunity to practice neurology in a collegial and patient-focused environment. Academic appointments are available at our affiliated institutions, including Tulane, LSU, and the University of Queensland. Both newly trained and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive salary with comprehensive benefits.
The Department of Neurology has a complement of over 60 neurologists system-wide with subspecialty representation in stroke, neurocritical care, interventional neurology, neuromuscular disease, movement disorders, epilepsy, MS, headache, cognitive disorders, sleep, traumatic brain injury and sports medicine. We are a Top 50 Neuroscience Center in the latest US News and World Report rankings.
Why Choose Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.