PCP focused in Women's Health
About this job
The Ohio State Universitys Wexner Medical Center is seeking highly qualified candidates with interest in focusing in womens health.
This physician will work with other committed clinicians, clinician educators, and clinician investigators utilizing a unique integrated care model that facilitate addressing needs of women as they age. GYN duties optional.Qualifications:
- MD or DO
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine residency or ACGME-accredited Family Medicine residency
- Board certified or eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Eligibility for Ohio medical license.
- Interested candidates will be expected to demonstrate outstanding clinical care concurrent with a commitment to teaching residents and students.
- This is an exciting opportunity to participate in training the next generation of physicians and APRN/CNPs with a focus on women centered care.
- Former scholarly experience is desirable.
- Opportunities for career development in administration, clinical program development, Womens Health Fellowship development, as well as clinical research with a focus on womens health are available through the CWH.
About the Center:
Established in 2007, is a multi-disciplinary, integrative care team comprised of providers with special interests including Dermatology, Endocrinology (including osteoporosis, PCOS and benign thyroid disease), Facial Plastics, Gynecology, Menopause, Primary Care and Sexual Health.
The CWH also collaborates with Cardiology, Psychiatry, Urogynecology, and Physical Therapy, with planned growth and outreach in other specialties.
Ohio State has one of the inaugural DHHS Centers of Excellence in Womens Health and is currently the MW Regional Center for the NIH-funded Womens Health Initiative and a site for the NICHD Maternal-Fetal Network.The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center:
consists of The Ohio State University Health System (OSUHS), the College of Medicine, the Health Sciences Library and the Faculty Group Practice. It is one of the largest and most diverse academic medical centers in the country and the only academic medical center in central Ohio.
As the Midwests highest-ranked hospital for safety and patient care according to University Health System Consortium, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is committed to continuously set the standard for world-class care. Seven hospitals and a network of community-based offices and care centers manage more than 1.7 million patient visits each year.By The Numbers:
U.S. News & World Report ranked specialties, awards and more:
- #1 ranked hospital in central Ohio
- #3 ranked Ear, Nose & Throat program
- #20 ranked Cancer program
- #36 ranked Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism
- #40 ranked Nephrology
- Seven specialties recognized as high performing
- Best Hospitals List 29 consecutive years
- More than 1,500 pre-eminent physicians
- More than 20 research centers and institutes and 25 core research laboratories
$3 billion investment in our new strategic plan, which provides infrastructure for exponential growth over the next five years, including:
- Building a new state-of-the-art biomedical research facility, 880-bed hospital tower, ambulatory center and College of Medicine
- Adding world-class talent with a goal to hire more than 500 new faculty physicians and researchers
Founded in 1870 as part of the Morrill Land-Grant Act, is one of the nations largest major comprehensive public research universities, serving more than 68,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students. With more than 37,000 full-time equivalent employees, Ohio State is Ohios fourth-largest employer. Located in Ohios capital city of Columbus, it is a major educational and economic force through its teaching, research and service mission. With more than 575,000 living alumni around the world, the university community is vast and diverse, having an impact on our global society in education, research and public service.
One of Ohios greatest assets, Ohio State is a world-class public research university and the flagship teaching and research institution in the state. The institution provides a distinctive educational experience for students and pursues cutting-edge interdisciplinary research that brings together scholars from diverse disciplines to solve key problems in society.Columbus, Ohio:
Columbus is one of Americas premier cities, a great place to move to, raise a family and explore. Here are a few key facts and figures:
Were big. Ohios state capital is the 14th largest city in the U.S. and second largest in the Midwest behind Chicago. That makes us bigger than cities like Charlotte, Seattle, Denver, Boston, Nashville and Baltimore seriously, Google it. And when you factor in the entire Columbus metropolitan area, our population increases to more than two million.
Were affordable. The cost of living in Columbus is 10 percent below the national average.
Were accessible. Columbus is within 550 miles of nearly half the nations population. Day trips abound and weekend getaways are easy. Also, John Glenn Columbus International Airport, which is just 10 minutes from downtown, offers more than 150 daily nonstop departures to 40 airports. During the workweek, the average Columbus commute is just 20 minutes, and depending on where you choose to live, it can be significantly less.
Interested candidates can send a current CV along with a cover letter to:
Kam Carlberg, Faculty Recruitment |
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.