Orthopedic Surgeon - Hand/Wrist - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay
|$18 per hour
|Ithaca, New York
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
As a Physician, you will play a crucial role in providing high-quality medical care to patients. You will diagnose and treat various medical conditions, collaborate with interdisciplinary healthcare teams, and contribute to the overall well-being of patients. Your expertise and compassion will be instrumental in improving the health and lives of those you serve.
As a physician, you will play a crucial role in providing high-quality medical care to patients within the scope of your qualifications and experience. Principal responsibilities will include the clinical care of patients within a physician led, patient centered team based environment, where the focus is on the provision of high quality, value based care.
- The practice covers 3 OR locations, 3 clinic sites, and offers an abundance of physician assistant support.
- This is a full-time employed position.
- A mix of general orthopedics with a primary focus on joints is required.
- The ideal candidate should have the ability or interest in using Navio Robotics.
- Experience in a trauma setting and anterior hip approach is also considered valuable.
- A joints fellowship is welcomed but not necessary.
- Candidate should be collegial, collaborative, and able to work in a team-based approach.
- 7 weeks vacation/CME/personal time
- CME up to $4,000 annually
- Sign-on bonus, Relocation money or Student Loan Repayment
- Patient Care
- Conduct comprehensive medical evaluations and assessments
- Develop and implement personalized treatment plans for patients
- Prescribe medication and other appropriate therapies
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests and imaging
- Perform medical procedures and surgeries when necessary
- Monitor patient progress and adjust treatment plans as needed
- Provide patient education
- Effectively communicate with patients, families, and colleagues
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records in a timely fashion
- Clinical Expertise
- Stay current with latest medical research, treatments and technologies
- Participate in CME and peer review activities
- Collaborate with other specialists and healthcare professionals to optimize patient care
- Work collaboratively with Advanced Practice Providers
- Participate in the education of clinical learners (residents, APP students, etc)
- Quality and Safety
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to enhance patient outcomes
- Ensure safe care is provided to all patients
- Ethical and Professional Standards
- Adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards of medical practice
- Uphold patient confidentiality and privacy
- Comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Doctorate MD or DO from an accredited medical school required
- Must have successfully completed a residency or fellowship commensurate with area of specialty.
- Be board certified or eligible in the appropriate specialty, by a board acceptable to Hospital;
- Obtain and maintain an unrestricted Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration;
- Obtain Medical Staff Privileges within the Health system
- DR-Current and unrestricted license to practice medicine in applicable state required
- Strong clinical skills and knowledge of evidence based medicine
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassion, empathy and a commitment to patient-centered care
- Ability to work collaboratively in a healthcare team
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and CME.
- Hospital, clinic, or healthcare facility setting
- May include on call and weekend shifts as required.