GIM, Director of Research
About this job
The Ohio State University College of Medicine is seeking applicants to join our General Internal Medicine team as Director of Research. This is a full time, tenure track position at the Associate or Full Professor level. The position is expected to dedicate the majority of their time to research, but also to make significant contributions to the clinical and education missions of the Division.
Recognized for providing personalized comprehensive patient care, innovative educational opportunities for students and residents and a developing research environment, our aim is to develop long-term healing relationships with patients and help them navigate their care within a complex medical system. The Division is leading efforts for the medical centers Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) and Million Hearts programs while also leading innovative services in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Transitional Care for Young Adults and various other research collaborations.
The position will lead and direct the research activities of GIM. The position will have the oversight responsibility for implementation of processes and ongoing development of research infrastructure, programs, recruitment, clinical integration, as well as development of metrics and tracking mechanisms to ensure steady growth of the research enterprise. The successful applicant could also direct a specified research program related to their area of expertise.
Requirements: MD or DO; Completion of Internal Medicine Residency from ACGME accredited program; Board-certified/eligible in Internal Medicine; at least 5 years experience post training; Associate Professor/Professor rank.
All academic appointments are commensurate with experience. *Physicians will have privileges at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, University Hospital East, The James Cancer Center and Solove Research Institute, Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital.
Why work for The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center:
- Central Ohios Academic Leader
- One of the largest and most diverse medical centers in the country; only academic medical center in central Ohio and Columbus (Ohios largest and most rapidly growing metropolitan region)
- Ranked one of Americas Best Hospitals" by U.S. News and World Report for over 30 consecutive years
- Voted one of Central Ohios Best Places to Work by Columbus Business First newspaper
- For over 30 years, recognized as a national leader in quality outcomes and patient safety
Our planned growth at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center:
- Main campus: New construction of a state-of-the-art biomedical research tower, 880-bed hospital tower, ambulatory center and Health Sciences building that will house the College of Medicine
- Around the city: Construction of 2 Newly designed Ambulatory Centers - COMPLETED AND NOW OPEN in addition to 5 established ambulatory care centers up and running today
Why live in Columbus, Ohio:
- 1.8 million population base and diverse cultural, sports, dining and recreational opportunities: Cost of Living is LOW
- Recently voted the #1 IT city in the nation surpassing Silicon Valley
- Home to several Fortune 500 companies
- Ranks in Money magazines picks as one of the ten best big cities
- Second fastest growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest : 14th largest city in the nation
- Booming real estate market
- Consistently ranked in the top ten in nearly every category: Economic growth, things to do, affordable cost of living, great place to raise a family
To join our team, please email your cover letter and CV to:
Kam Carlberg, Faculty Recruitment
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified women, minorities, Vietnam era and disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.