est. per hourStonebridge Companies • 21d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourEndeavors • 22d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Lennar Corporation • 14d ago
Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourFarm Credit Council • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourRegional Management Corp • 25d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCisco Systems, Inc. • 18d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourIMA Financial Group • 21d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc • 30d ago
Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $50,000 - $65,000
Verified per yearJobot • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Accounts Payable Supervisor- Accounting Operations - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$18 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Many organizations talk about making a difference in the world. At Farm Credit Bank of Texas, it's more than talk. That's because we have a central role financing the ag producers and businesses that supply the world with food, fiber and so much more. And while you're playing your part helping feed the world, we contribute to your personal success, too, with competitive compensation and a generous health-and-wellness benefits package. You can grow your skills using our online catalog of thousands of training options while working in a modern hybrid workplace located below the bluffs of the Colorado River just northwest of downtown Austin.
We are searching for an AP Supervisor for Accounting Operations. This role is responsible for the general accounting duties for the Farm Credit Bank of Texas, including responsibilities for supervision of the Bank's accounts payable process, creat ing journal entries in conjunction with the daily and monthly processing, involvement in the monthly period end close process, preparation of account reconciliations, and involvement with the annual and ongoing update of SOX controls. Knowledge of SOX, including experience in a strong internal control environment, is preferred.
Day-to Day-Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in our hybrid work design (3 days a week in the office, 2 days a week remote) you will:
- Review and approve Bank Accounts Payable, including review of invoices from outside vendors, expense reports, invoice registers and BOD expenses/compensation. Also responsible for ensuring all check requests are approved by employees as authorized by the Bank's Assignment of Duties. Additional responsibilities include new vendor setup and existing vendor maintenance in Accounts Payable system.
- Responsible for processing Concur expense reports for the district and the Bank daily . Also includes approving the Bank's employees' expense reports, ensuring expenses are properly
- classified and reconciling the monthly credit card statement. Additional responsibilities include new employee setup, existing employee maintenance and inactivating terminated employees.
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly/quarterly Board of Directors expense report. The report is presented to the Board on a quarterly basis for review and comment and is also used in the preparation of the board footnote disclosure in the Bank's annual report.
- Responsible for preparation of month end accrual entries, including ensuring correctness and appropriate application according to GAAP and that proper documentation is included.
- Maintain the accounting for the various payables and accruals for the Bank as needed.
- Manage and generate the monthly cost billing for expenses incurred on behalf of the Texas District associations.
- Responsible for managing the monthly general ledger account reconciliation review process. This responsibility includes the review and monitoring of reconciliations received from various employees and functional areas to ensure accounts are reconciled monthly and that reconciling items are resolved in a timely manner.
- Plays a vital role in the bank-wide compilation and analysis during the annual operating expense budget process.
- Responsible for identification of process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Assisting Associations when needed with Accounts Payable related systems. Main point of contact with AP related systems with Associations.
- Ensures adequate documentation and controls are in place to meet the Bank's Sarbanes-Oxley objectives.
- Supervise and review work of the Accounting Specialist I and Accounting Specialist II.
- Writes emails and memos informing the Associations of various issues and procedural changes.
- Performs other project work as directed by the Sr. Manager of Accounting Operation and/or Assistant Controller.
What You Bring to the Team:
Our ideal candidate lives within a commutable distance from our office and appreciates the value of the hybrid work design.
It's an important role that covers many skills. This position requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with ten (10) or more years related business experience. A CPA certification is preferred but not required. Experience should demonstrate ability to resolve progressively more complex issues and to direct staff resources. Farm Credit experience or advanced degrees are desirable.
Must possess interpersonal relationship skills and excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills are essential. Must be able to accomplish accurate, detailed tasks in short timeframes. Overall knowled ge of accounting as it relates to general ledger activity and account reconciliations. Must be familiar with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and be able to apply them to the Bank's accounting issues. Must be able to work unsupervised and organize assigned workload to accomplish all tasks in the time required. Must have knowledge and experience with personal computers, use of Microsoft Excel (i.e., pivot tables) and Word, and knowledge of other reporting tools.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer comprehensive, affordable, and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance:
- Flexible health-and-wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more.
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer co ntribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services, or events
- Ongoing professional-development opportunities
- Generous tuition-reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
Who we are:
We are a $35 billion wholesale bank that's been financing agriculture and rural America for over 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending associations in five states and we're active in the nation's capital markets.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. A real person will review your applications, meaning response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credi t Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. We can't personally follow-up with each applicant, and we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.