PRN Nurse - RN Triage/Crisis Residential - Located in Rockford, IL - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay ||$20 per hour|
|Location||Cherry valley, Illinois|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Let’s change lives together.
Join a purpose-driven community of champions.
• A current Illinois RN or LPN license
• Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
• Current CPR certification or able to obtain within 3 months
Rosecrance seeks dedicated individuals to provide the highest quality care to treat substance use disorder and mental health issues. We’re focused on one thing: Providing the best opportunity for long and lasting recovery.
The Triage Program and the Crisis Residential Unit are closely linked programs that are logically and efficiently offered under one roof. These programs are designed to provide an immediate response to individuals experiencing a psychiatric crisis.
- Work hours prescribed and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
- Maintain high standard of nursing care and safety practices for patients and employees.
- Assume Triage nursing case management responsibilities for designated patients.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of nursing activities for assigned patients, including admission, treatment planning, and ongoing case management during treatment stay and discharge planning.
- Provide supportive counseling services to all Triage patients.
- Provide initial counseling and intervention with patients and families regarding acceptance of Triage Services.
- Provide counseling to all Triage patients regarding discharge planning and encouragement of further treatment services along the continuum of care.
- Provide referral services regarding alternative programs as needed.
- Serve as a health consultant and resource person to patients, parents, non-medical personnel and participate in health education of clients, either directly or through supervision.
- Participate in or supervise admission and/or discharge procedures.
- Provide lectures to patients, parents, staff and the general public as requested.
- Administer medications as appropriate.
- Be sensitive to and act upon any medical or emotional crisis.
- Ensure that patient service records are maintained consistent with OASA, JCAHO and Medicaid regulations.
- Make medical referrals, schedule appointments and coordinate patient transportation.
- Read all logs and obtain pertinent information from staff of previous shifts, counselors, teachers, etc.
- Document and follow through with all physician orders and communicate with patient’s personal physician as required.
- Participate in Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Participate in Infection Control activities and maintain knowledge of current infection control techniques.
- Follow up on previous or new medical conditions that may affect treatment.
- Make appropriate dietary referrals as needed.
- Assume on-call responsibilities per schedule or when designated.
- Maintain certification in adult CPR.
Work hours: Sat and Sun, 5am-5pm
Work Location: Rosecrance Mulberry Site – Rockford, IL
Benefits: Rosecrance values its employees and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Salary based on education, experience, and credentials
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance and licensure/certification reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, sick time, bereavement leave
- Referral program earning up to $1,000 per hire!
- Wellness plan and certain facilities offering an on-site gym
About Us: Rosecrance is a leading non-profit provider of comprehensive behavioral health services in the United States. With over 100 years of experience, Rosecrance is dedicated to helping individuals and families overcome substance abuse and mental health challenges. We operate a network of treatment centers and outpatient programs, offering evidence-based therapies and compassionate care to promote lasting recovery.
To Apply: If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals and families affected by substance abuse and mental health disorders, we invite you to join our team at Rosecrance. Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
EEO: Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Our hiring decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, and experience relevant to the requirements of the position.