Thoracic Radiologist - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay ||$60 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
The Department of Radiology at The Ohio State University College of Medicine/Wexner Medical Center is seeking candidates for faculty positions in Thoracic Imaging who are passionate about collaborative, patient-centered clinical excellence, dedicated to advancing research and innovation, committed to education, and inspire inclusivity. He/she/they will contribute to the Departments ambition while upholding the organizations mission and values. The responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to patient care, research, and training graduate and postgraduate students.
The Division of Thoracic Imaging focuses on all aspects of Thoracic imaging, in particular, oncology, interstitial lung disease and in-patient critical care. By joining our faculty, you will have excellent opportunities for advancement, while working with an exceptional cadre of multidisciplinary providers. Faculty are supported by many outstanding clinical, research, and educational resources in the department and organization, including substantial, dedicated expertise in imaging technology innovation, artificial intelligence, and health services research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine 8am - 5pm coverage with occasional evening (noon - 8pm), weekend and holiday coverage.
- Plain film radiography and CT interpretation. No cardiac or CTA responsibilities.
- Contributes to the day-to-day clinical operations of the Thoracic Imaging Division of the Department of Radiology:
- Provides high-quality patient care as related to the Thoracic Service.
- Contributes to clinical and imaging operations as related to the Thoracic Service.
- Education, Training, and Faculty Development:
- Conducts and provides clinical instruction, lectures, seminars, and related educational offerings, both within OSUWMC and at the regional and national level.
- Collaborates with faculty and leadership in the Division to develop and refine medical student, resident, and fellow training opportunities.
- Serves as a mentor and sponsor of residents, fellows, and faculty in the Department.
- Research and Scholarship:
- Supports clinical and translational research activities and innovation
- May serve as PI or Co-I in grants and/or clinical trials
- Serves on Department, OSUCOM, or OSUWMC committees to represent the research and innovation interests of the Department, as appropriate
- D., D.O., or equivalent degree.
- Board certification in Radiology (ABR, AOBR)
- Subspecialty fellowship in Thoracic, or equivalent experience
- Must possess or be eligible for licensure in the State of Ohio
- Must support and embrace the diverse and inclusive culture of College of Medicine, the Medical Center, and the University
Our Ambition as a Department is to be a leading radiology department that:
- Delivers exceptional patient care
- Breaks new ground through team science and discovery
- Trains tomorrows clinicians, innovators, and leaders
- Includes, collaborates, and inspires
- Puts our patients and people first
The Department of Radiology is rapidly growing, with expanded services at off-site imaging centers, and renovations to our existing clinical spaces and new spaces through the medical center strategic expansion project ($3+ Billion):
Our planned growth at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center:
- Main campus: New construction of a state-of-the-art biomedical research tower, 880-bed hospital tower, ambulatory center and Health Sciences building that will house the College of Medicine
- Around the city: Construction of 2 Newly designed Ambulatory Centers - COMPLETED AND NOW OPEN in addition to 5 established ambulatory care centers up and running today
The benefits of working for The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center:
- Competitive base salary with ample added income opportunities
- Unmatched Retirement Benefits:
- 14% employer match
- Eligible to participate in 403(b) and 457(b) Supplemental Retirement Accounts
- Increased retirement savings through Retirement Continuation Plan 415(m)
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental benefits, including:
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Family Building Assistance and Benefits
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts
- Child Care Programs
- Eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness and institutional support to fulfill requirements
- Tuition Assistance Plan covers, up to:
- 10 credit hours per term for faculty and staff
- 50% of a dependents fees per semester
- 11 Recognized Annual Holidays
- Annual Leave Accruals:
- 120 hours of Sick Time
- 176 hours or Vacation Time
- Generous CME allowance
Why were proud to work for The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center:
- Central Ohios Academic Leader
- One of the largest and most diverse medical centers in the country; only academic medical center in central Ohio and Columbus (Ohios largest and most rapidly growing metropolitan region)
- Ranked one of Americas Best Hospitals" by S. News and World Report for over 30 consecutive years Voted one of Central Ohios Best Places to Work by Columbus Business First newspaper
- For over 30 years, recognized as a national leader in quality outcomes and patient safety
Reasons to live in Columbus, Ohio:
- 8 million population base and diverse cultural, sports, dining and recreational opportunities Recently voted the #1 IT city in the nation surpassing Silicon Valley
- Home to several Fortune 500 companies
- Ranks in Money magazines picks as one of the ten best big cities
- 2nd fastest growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest: 14thlargest city in the nation, booming real estate market
- Consistently ranked in the top ten in nearly every category: Economic growth, things to do, affordable cost of living, great place to raise a family
Reflecting on Ohio States Mission and Shared Values
Ohio State prides itself on welcoming a wide range of viewpoints and providing opportunities for all to deepen and develop their intellectual curiosities. As a land-grant university, we recognize and understand that a diverse faculty, staff, and student body in which all may engage in open dialogue, be exposed to new ideas and perspectives, belong, and feel valued and included is essential to our efforts in meeting our mission of academic excellence and public service.
The Ohio State Universitys include Excellence and Impact, Diversity and Innovation, Inclusion and Equity, Care and Compassion, and Integrity and Respect. Our university community welcomes differences, encourages open-minded exploration and courageous thinking, and upholds freedom of expression. We define diversity broadly and value multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to demographic, religion, country of origin, perspective, ability status, and background.
All inquiries, nominations, and applications with cover letter and Curriculum Vitae should be directed in confidence to:
Kam Carlberg, Faculty Recruitment
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
The Ohio State University is committed to establishing a culturally and intellectually diverse environment, encouraging all members of our learning community to reach their full potential. We are responsive to dual-career families and strongly promote work-life balance to support our community members through a suite of institutionalized policies. To build a diverse workforce, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women. Ohio State is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status.