Orthopedics Sports Medicine - Covington, LA
| Estimated Pay
|$38 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Ochsner Health and internationally renowned orthopedic surgeon James R. Andrews, MD have created The Ochsner Andrews Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Institute.
Building upon Ochsners award-winning sports medicine program, which includes highly trained sports professionals like athletic trainers, physical therapists, fellow-trained surgeons, performance training coaches, primary care and physical medicine and rehabilitation sports physicians, Dr. Andrews brings his expertise, research, and education platform, newly launched as Andrews Medicine, to strengthen the best-in-class care for patients and athletes across Louisiana and Mississippi.
For more than 15 years, the nationally and internationally recognized Ochsner Sports Medicine Institute (OSMI) led by Deryk Jones, MD treats more than 30,000 athletes a year. The team includes 16 orthopedic surgeons fellowship trained and subspecialty certified in sports medicine as well as 17 sports medicine physicians. These experts work in direct concert with 160 highly skilled athletic trainers and a dedicated team of performance training coaches and sports medicine assistants that support student athletes at more than 100 high schools, colleges, and club organizations. The OSMI team is collaboratively integrated with Ochsner Therapy & Wellness and its 35 physical therapists with advanced orthopedic and sports specialties.
Ochsner provides the highest level of specialized care in the Gulf South, including joint replacement, a pediatric orthopedic program, orthopedic oncology and more. The new Institute will support Ochsners continued growth and reputation as the Gulf Souths leader of specialized orthopedic care for patients and athletes.
- General Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Coverage
- Group Subspecialty Practice
- Join a highly collegial system - wide group comprised of general orthopedics and orthopedic sub-specialties
- Ochsner Health Center - Covington and St. Tammany Parish Hospital
- Integrated practice model with a strong, internal referral network
- 24/7 reliable hospitalists onsite
- Strong support from collaborative specialties
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
About Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.