Sr. Medical Physicist (Savannah, GA) - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$18 per hour|
|Location||Boca raton, Florida|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what's possible, to improve people's lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.CTSI Employees
Works remote and travels to the clinic site in collaboration with the Cancer Care Leadership to ensure high quality and safe interpretation, delivery, operation, and monitoring of radiation safety policies, procedures, standards, and equipment for Radiation Oncology Services. Responsible for ensuring delivery of high-quality radiation therapy while providing staff with the proper education and training and oversight to minimize radiation exposure. Implements and abides by Customer Service Standards. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family-Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- Calibration of dose meters (including dosimetric inter-comparisons for QA) and radiation equipment (accelerator monitor unit calibration) Beam data acquisition for treatment planning
- Preparation of data for treatment planning systems Development/improvement of dose measurement systems and protocols and software for dosimetry purposes (including spreadsheets and databases)
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State and organizational regulations for radiation safety.
- Participates in development of organizational Performance Improvement activities, policies and procedures, standards of practice to meet required regulatory requirements.
- Assists in Acceptance testing and commissioning of new machines and acceptance testing and re-commissioning after major maintenance
- Performs individual treatment planning, dosimetry calculations, and treatment planning reviews (physics component)
- Provides physics consultation to all radiation oncology personnel and radiation oncologist concerning aspects of patient care and treatment
- Ensure routine verification of department treatment planning system.
- Collaborates with information services department, provides software management of department planning system
- Assists in the planning and shielding calculations for new radiation facilities and programs.
- Interprets and prepares documentation summary of regulatory changes for integration into departmental operations
- Provides dosimetry checks following source changes.
- Assists with the selection and acquisition of sources for permanent implant techniques
- In collaboration with department director and Physics director participates in clinical education, training, and competency evaluations for medical physics, Dosimetry, and therapy staff.
- M.S. or PhD (preferred) in Medical Physics, or a closely related field, required.
- Must be willing to located or willing to travel up to 50%
- Minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience in addition to a CAMPEP-accredited residency.
- Candidates who have passed the Part-II and (possibly) part-III ABR Exams preferred
- Experience with High Dose Rate (HDR) and Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) programs preferred.
- Computer system administration experience with patient record and verify database applications desirable.
- Certification in Radiation Oncology Physics by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) or other alternative certifying body.
- Candidates who are not certified have to be eligible for board certification and must achieve this status within 3 years of hire.
- Must apply for and maintain relevant State licensing and/or registration as required for working as a medical physicist at the clinical site and to do so in a timely manner #LI-OS1
Position must have full access to Varian client sites to perform the essential functions of this position. Many clients require Varian employees and representatives to meet certain Vendor Credentialing requirements before they will be allowed to have access to their sites. Unless prohibited by law, position must meet all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to have full client access and must continue to meet those requirements during the course of employment in this position. These requirements vary by client and may include, but are not limited to: Proof of valid identification (photo, driver's license, SSN) Criminal background checks Drug screens Immunizations (COVID-19, Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus) Annual TB testing Healthcare training
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Varian is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Varian follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,.
The base pay range for this position isMin $148,700 - Max $267,800
The pay wage range shown is based on the job posting's primary location. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications, and location.