est. per hourWendy's • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Buyer II-HAI - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$18 per hour|
|Location||Burlington, North Carolina|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Honda Aero, Inc. in Burlington, NC is in search of a member of an associate team with the responsibility for performing tactical and strategic buying activities to support cost, sourcing, delivery and supplier management functions in the Purchasing Department. Initiate and evaluate RFQ/ RFPs to support business needs, place POs based on cost, quality and delivery requirements, and coordinate meetings with suppliers and customers to ensure business project goals are being met. Support supplier on time delivery ensure no impact to Manufacturing, Engine Assembly and MRO customers.
* Supplier communication and follow up to support on time delivery for manufacturing, engine assembly, maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) and facility needs. Ability to problem solve and make decisions to support hardware disposition and expediting to achieve on time delivery.
* Supplier request for quotation (RFQ) and negotiation. Award business based on the best possible quality, cost and delivery terms.
* Develop long term supplier strategies in support of quality, cost and delivery. Strategically align the correct parts with the correct supplier to maximize volume with approved suppliers and improve long term supplier relationships.
* Facilitate design change investigations. Facilitate communication between design and potential suppliers on new or revised designs to reduce cost, improve manufacturability and product reliability.
* Support projects by meeting deliverables. Work with Engineering (HGPU) and Suppliers to accomplish development goals on time. Work with internal and external customers to support process changes and other project related items.
* Provide support to team members to ensure process are understood and followed.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in business or closely related field or equivalent work experience in procurement or supply chain related field.
CPM or CPSM certification is desired.
Minimum 4 years procurement related experience is required.
Strong negotiation and analytical skills are required.
Computer skills Microsoft Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Other Job-Specific Skills
Proven track record in cost reduction and development of strategic sourcing strategies.
Possess a working knowledge of ERP (IFS) systems and ability to work with suppliers to track and monitor part shipment and inventory management of components.
A technical understanding of manufacturing processes and engineering drawings, preferably in Aerospace.
Ability to maximize company profitability through cost reduction.
Supplier on time delivery with no impact to manufacturing, assembly or MRO activities.
Supplier management to include problem resolution, contract review, and the negotiation of terms and conditions.
Strong project management skills with the ability to develop strategic plans, coordinate projects and communicate changes and progress (RFP/ RFQ, NPI, Change Point Control)