Primary Care Physician - No Nights or Wknds
| Estimated Pay ||$38 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
AssociatesMD, a part of NeueHealth, is seeking an exceptional board-certified physician to join our team. The Physician will be responsible for providing consultative medical services within a practice setting and facilitating the completion of all health requirements as determined by the patients treatment plan and standards of care.
Enjoy treating a varied mix of Medicare Advantage, Medicare and Commercial patients throughout the course of your day. You will have a team to fully support you in your activities so that you can focus on treating our patients. Previous experience with the eClinical Works medical record system is helpful but not required.
Primary Occupational Responsibilities:
- Provides a comprehensive assessment of the patients medical needs, which include prevention, detection, treatment, and subsequent care.
- Manages acute and chronic illnesses via the development and coordination of a plan of care.
- Executes sound medical judgment in the administration of care and generates referrals when the patients condition exceeds the scope of practice.
- All information is inputted by the physician in the patients electronic health record (EHR) to ensure appropriate processing by all relevant departments and timely linkage to specialty care.
- Links the diagnosis to medically necessary orders, which may include but are not limited to point-of-care studies, laboratorial, radiological, and other diagnostic examinations, and supervised administration of intravenous or oral medications.
- The physician is to input such orders in the patients EHR for accurate and timely execution by ancillary staff.
- Documents all medical activities in the patients health record and locks the note within 72 hours from the date of consultation.
- Communicates with the treatment team in the administration of care, which includes but is not limited to nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, medical assistants, and administrative and general staff.
- Participates in organizational initiatives for continuous quality improvement and general meetings as requested by the administration or the Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
- Assists in the planning of performance and quality initiatives, which includes but is not limited to operational productivity and fulfillment of health requirements by public and private third-party payers.
- Reviews and addresses all laboratorial, radiological, and other diagnostic results, telephonic messages, and prescription refill requests to sustain continuity of care and an updated treatment plan. The results of all reviews and subsequent care are to be documented in the patients EHR
- Prescribes medications for identified acute and chronic illnesses and indicates the dosage, form, and frequency in the patients EHR. A discussion of all possible side effects and allergy information is actualized in the patients EHR before ordering such pharmaceutical treatment regimens.
- Medical doctor (MD) degree or doctor of osteopathic (DO) medicine degree from an accredited medical school.
- Three years experience preferred in a primary care physician role.
- Interpersonal skills and communication
- Exercises patience and compassion in the administration of medical care
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to problem-solve within a dynamic occupational environment
- Active state/ACN medical license (MD or DO) must be in good standing;
- Current license with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) for prescribing controlled substances
- Ability to practice medicine via the use of an EHR system.
- Normal physician office and exam room environment.
- Will have dedicated Medical Assistant.
We offer comprehensive employee benefits that include medical/dental/vision coverage, 401(K) plan, an HSA, an Employee Assistance Program, and annual Paid Time Off along with 8 annual company holidays.