Verified per yearLutheran Services Florida • 3d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourThorntons • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $14 - $17
Verified per hourZaxby's - BSBC Management Services • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourBeachview Restaurant • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCheckers & Rallys Drive-In Restaurants • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
| Estimated Pay ||$18 per hour|
|Location|| 500 S Fort Harrison Ave |
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Join the Rebel team for spontaneity and growth in your next role. You may earn up to $16.00 an hour and start your career with the Rebel family today! Earn a Sign-On Bonus up to $1000 just for joining our team!
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) provides direction and oversees the work of others in a leadership capacity. He/ She assists customers in the purchase of products, develops customer connections, and maintains a positive attitude with every customer. The ASM assists the Store Manager in all operations of the store, and ensures a safe, customer-focused, and environment at all times. ASMs are responsible for all Store Manager duties when the Store Manager isn’t present. The ASM position requires a high level of initiative, communication skills and organizational skills, and the ability to project a positive image of the Company while constantly providing courteous and friendly service to customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Store Manager (SM) in directing and supervising the day-to-day retail operations of assigned location according to company policy.
- Take ownership & accountability of location in the absence of SM.
- Assist with the preparation of necessary reports and paperwork; assists in daily supervision of staff.
- Reports to work as scheduled; be neatly groomed and in approved uniform as described per the Company Dress Code Policy.
- Uphold professional conduct at all times; consistently keep a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Meet, greet, and thank customers in a friendly and timely manner, providing the best customer service and handling complaints quickly and tactfully.
- Help customers purchase products by using product & promotions/pricing knowledge.
- Develop customer connections by understanding a customer’s frequent purchases, leading to a one-on-one relationship by learning about the customer.
- Effectively utilize all transactional equipment (cash registers, electronic safe, lottery, fuel, phone card, EBT, and credit card, etc.) to efficiently process customer transactions. Provide assistance/training to customer service associates, lead customer service associates in utilizing transactional equipment.
- Adhere to the Company Loss Prevention Policy (proper cash handling procedures, etc.)
- Maintain security controls regarding drive-offs, burglary and theft prevention, counterfeit bills, etc., as established by the company.
- Use, operate, clean, deep clean, and maintain cleanliness of all food service equipment (coffee, fountain drink machine, frozen beverages, iced tea, hot dog grille, microwave, etc.). Provide assistance/training to customer service associates, lead customer service associates, with food service equipment and maintenance.
- Organize & maintain the store (inside/outside) including, but not limited to: Restrooms, floors, counter tops, shelving, displays, merchandise, food service equipment/area, parking lot, pumps, car wash, and facility property; train other store personnel as needed on processes.
- Properly stock the walk-in cooler and freezer and train others on cleaning/organizing as needed, stock and update shelves per promotion or price changes.
- Perform inventory duties, including following vendor check-in process, correct product pricing policies, and check/place codes on products according to policy.
- Complete all required orientation training and on-going training as well as attend job-related mandatory meetings.
- Complete daily lotto shield scan and audits.
- Notify management of any observed dishonesty by customers, vendors, or store employees.
- Keep all secured area doors locked, ensure all doors are properly secured during closing, and the alarm is properly engaged.
- Ensure all staff is acting in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Verify that all customers purchasing age restricted products meet the allowable criteria for purchases (example: alcohol and tobacco sales).
- Provide answers and information to store personnel, especially regarding to questions about company Policies and Procedures.
- Document all information pertaining to incidents on appropriate company-approved forms.
- Inform Store Manager of any issues or concerns that might affect the store’s customer service, safety record, profitability, or adherence to Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Keep all company and store information strictly confidential.
- Comply with and enforce all policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Employee Handbook.
- Perform all regular duties with minimal direction and/or periodic supervision and perform additional duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of experience as a supervisor or CSA at a retail store, or as deemed appropriate.
- Must have anytime availability
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have a valid, infraction-free Driver’s License.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both in written and oral forms is required.
- Strong capability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Skilled at basic arithmetic operations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Demonstrated experience operating a cash register, computer console, and other related equipment and tools.
- Knowledge and application of proper sanitation and safety requirements associated with food storage and serving.