Medical Assistant - Full-time / Part-time
| Verified Pay ||$18.00 - $20.00 per hour|
|Location||Binghamton, New York|
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
Helio Health is seeking a Medical Assistant to provide support services to the medical team that assist in meeting the medical and psychiatric needs of our patients. This is a Full- Time position working at our Binghamton Inpatient Program.
The Full-Time Medical Assistant will work 8am-4:30pm, Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday.
In addition to Helio Health's comprehensive benefits package, Full-Time hires for this position are eligible for a Sign-Onincentive up to $1,500.00!
Pay rate: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour.
- Rapid Covid tests/PCR upon admission.
- Obtain EKGs.
- Assisting with patient searches.
- Observing and processing urine drug screens.
- Observe patients/residents after medication administration.
- If certification requirements are met, entering requisitions and completing bloodwork.
- Assist patients who present at front desk check-in.
- Answer telephone and process voice mail messages.
- Sort and scan all received documents into medical record.
- Ensure adequate supplies of office and exam room materials.
- Reporting and Recordkeeping.
- Assist with obtaining consents as needed.
- Assist with providing snacks/meals as needed.
- Assist with cleaning and preparing patient/resident rooms.
- Follow infection control principles and cleaning guidelines.
- Crisis Intervention.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree preferred with experience in an office and/or medical setting.
- One year employment experience in the medical field.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
Our Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package Includes:
- Health insurance including dental and vision for employees and families.
- Paid Vacation and Sick leave - No Waiting Period for accruals.
- Paid holidays, including a floating birthday holiday.
- 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match.
- Company paid short-term disability insurance.
- Company sponsored life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Helio Health provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), parental status, religion, national origin, citizenship, status as a victim of domestic violence, age, military or veteran status, handicap or disability, family medical history or predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, marital status, family status, political affiliation, felony conviction record, status as a victim of a crime, or status as an employee who has complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit, or any other categories, status or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Salary and hourly compensation ranges are provided in accordance with NYS law and are based on Helio Health's good faith belief of what is accurate at the time of posting. Salary and hourly compensation offers are based on candidate's education level and experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager and program.