Verified per hourTransdev • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per hourSweetwater Tavern • 18h ago Just postedUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per hourGood Eats Emporium • 18h ago Just postedUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourTGI Fridays • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Tree Climber - Full-time
|Location|| Sterling, Virginia |
About this job
Job SummaryThe General Tree Care Team are the muscle of our operation. These industrial athletes work together to provide high-quality tree care, helping to maintain and preserve the overall health of our clients’ landscapes. This position pays $22-32 hr depending on years of experience + paid PTO + paid benefits and 401KJob Description
Looking for a place where you can thrive?
SavATree’s mission is to take our passion for nature and keep this country’s outdoors beautiful and flourishing. Through our comprehensive tree, shrub, and lawn care we work hard to make sure our discerning customers have attractive, healthy and cared-for green spaces to enjoy. Over the last thirty years, we have opened new offices across the country, and we are looking for people who want to grow with us.
The General Tree Care Team are the muscle of our operation. These industrial athletes work together to provide high-quality tree care, helping to maintain and preserve the overall health of our clients’ landscapes.
In this role, team members have the opportunity to work outside and visit beautiful properties in their community. The Tree Care team applies expertise in climbing, pruning, and safety to ensure the health and well-being of each client’s landscape.
What a day is like:
Daily focus is working together on a General Tree Care crew to provide high quality tree care to our clients. The Tree Care Team is involved in all aspects of pruning, removals, cable bracing and other concepts related to tree care. Team members are able to safely operate all equipment and perform the assigned job tasks while also providing excellent service to our clients.
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- Experience with proper pruning practices including large shade trees and ornamentals
- Ability to identify native and introduced tree and shrub species and have a working knowledge of each species’ characteristics
- Ability to climb without spurs
- Experience with tree care safety standards
- Practical knowledge of chainsaw and equipment operation
- Experience with aerial lifts (bucket truck)
What is Essential:
- The desire to work outdoors
- Valid U.S. driver's license to operate company vehicles, CDL a plus
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the U.S.
Why you might love working here:
- We have lots of training and development opportunities and support continuing education in the industry
- Our Tree Care Team works alongside some of the best trained and equipped teams in the industry, with an emphasis on quality and safety
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including health and dental, paid time off, 401(K) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Equipment Account
We want everyone to be able to identify and achieve their own version of success, which means giving each team member the room and opportunity to grow. To ensure that everyone has the best chance to succeed, we invest heavily in training and continuing education. We make it easy for team members to reach out and get the help needed, even when it’s from the other side of the country. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where each team member has the resources and opportunities to advance his or her career and become a go-to subject matter expert. That’s why we often say that when you work here, you thrive here.
SavATree is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace