Hiring Now! Weld Technician
| Estimated Pay
|$19 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide training to weld school students and new graduates for the weld department.
· Preform and/or coordinate PM trouble shoot, emergency, and general maintenance on weld units.
· Coordinate efforts with maintenance to keep weld leads operations.
· Support set up of weld equipment in weld areas to include robotic systems. Respond to requests for weld equipment use.
· Evaluate and recommend appropriate equipment at specific areas.
· Review existing equipment for its proper application at each weld station. Determine usage of linear, manual, or robotic application appropriateness. Consider usage of saw cut vs. torch cut vs. plasma applications.
· Provide training to weld school participates. Preform evaluations for weld applications. Support area specific training.
· Annual PM’s. Upgrades as available. Recommend replacement as needed.
· Maintain and calibrate weld equipment.
· Assist Engineering in detail of weld notations for shop floor information.
· Spot inspection and liaison to welding staff.
· Work and communicate in a team environment.
· Preform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient, timely, accurate, and highly productive manner according to company policy.
· Contribute to the team effort to produce a quality product.
· Attend scheduled work hours on a regular and timely basis. Maintain good attendance.
· Comply with all company policies and procedures.
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and functions, which are essential to the position. Employees must be able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Accommodations will be evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential functions and other relevant factors.
· Education: 2-year technical degree.
o 3-5 years’ experience in all types of welding.
· Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
o Training on applicable hardware equipment.
o Computer programming for robotic and standard welders.
o Mastery of all assembly techniques used in weld, torch, plasma, etc.
o Thorough understanding of welding and cutting processes required in manufacturing of product (stick, tig, mig, sub arc, oxyfuel, and plasma cutting).
o Thorough understanding of welding fixturing.
o Thorough understanding of robotic welding
o Superior welding and cutting ability.
o Thorough understanding of welding and cutting gases and welding electrodes.
o Ability to understand welding procedures.
o Ability to interpret and use welding prints and symbols.
o Ability to use basic and examination equipment.
o Ability to understand and apply appropriate welding codes.
o Must be able to preform each essential function and responsibility of the job satisfactorily in accordance with company productivity and quality requirements.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Please refer to the general office physical demands checklist for more information regarding the working conditions and physical requirements for this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)