est. per hourMedline • 25d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourLive Trucking • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
CDL A Regional Dry Van Driver job in Omaha NE $30 Per Hour - Full-time / Part-time
| Verified Pay ||$28 - $30 per hour|
|Location|| Omaha, NE 68137 |
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
- Job Location: Omaha, NE
- Route Type: Regional
- Type of Assignment: Dedicated
- Equipment: Dry Van
- Hours Per Shift: 11 Hours
- Hours Per Week: 55 Hours
- Shift Start Time: 04:00 am
- Working Days: Mon-Fri
- CDL Class: CDL A
- Experience: 5+ Years
- Handling: Heavy Touch
- Hazmat Required
- Veteran and Military Ready
- Manual Transmission Required
NALCO Water, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Customer Delivery Specialist. You’ll be responsible for providing customer delivery of chemicals. As a DOT driving professional, you will safely operate a diesel, multi-geared bobtail truck/pup, and/or tractor-trailer combination vehicle over congested city highways, rolling and mountainous terrain, and rural roads. In addition, you will provide preventative maintenance to any type of vehicle used to deliver chemicals to customers, plants, and warehouse locations.
What’s in it For You:
- $28 - $30 / hr
- $5k signing bonus To be eligible for the hiring bonus, candidates must not have worked for Ecolab in any capacity in the previous 12 months.
- Full benefits package starting DAY ONE including Medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, pension, stock options, and more!
- Assigned Vehicles and Equipment.
- Paid for premium hotel stay and meals while traveling
- Home on Weekends, Holidays, and Paid Time Off.
- Stop Work Authority
What You Will Do:
- Packaged Chemical Delivery
- Delivery only within a 500 to a 700-mile radius from plant location.
- Safely operate vehicles to include (not limited to) delivery trucks, tank trunks, over-the-road trucks
- Maintain driver's hours of service by using Samsara and/or paper log book reporting
- Load trailers and schedule daily runs to meet customer delivery requirements
- Maintain truck and equipment in a safe and operable condition by performing daily and periodic mechanical and safety inspections
- Responsible for accurate up-to-date delivery location maps, and operates in accordance with DOT regulations governing the transportation of hazardous materials in accordance with homeland security requirements and guidelines
- Maintain regular communication with sales and supervisor to report field problems and/or safety hazards
- Follow Zero Defect Delivery procedures for all delivery assignments
- Always wear appropriate safety gear during delivery operations
- Keep current on safety techniques and take advantage of all opportunities to improve driving and safety skills
- Recognize and avoid safety hazards in the work environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), no restrictions with HazMat
- 3 years of commercial driving experience, compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations from the past 3 years required
- 3 years of an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Must be willing to travel 3-5 days per week, home on Weekends and Holidays
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Experience operating forklifts, drum dollies, trailer hoists, chemical pumps, hoses, meters, printers, and gauge
- Experience handling products in various types of packages including bulk, drums, Porta-Feeds and mini/micro-feed units
- Ability to back and parallel park bulk tankers, straight trucks, semi-trucks and trailers into narrow passages through expensive industrial equipment
- Knowledge of equipment, compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations governing the transportation of hazardous materials
As a trusted partner, your customers will rely on you for their success. Nalco Water is committed to seeing you succeed and provides innovative training programs to ensure you’re prepared to solve any customer problem.
The world’s leading provider of water treatment and process improvements, Nalco Water partners with customers who seek innovative solutions for water and resource constraints. As an Ecolab company, we’re perfectly aligned with the corporate vision to be the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technology and services, providing and protecting what is vital.