Senior Human Resources Benefits & Wellness Specialist - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$17 per hour|
|Location||Fort pierce, Florida|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Working at IRSC has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, IRSC offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) participation
- Voluntary participation in 403(b) and 457(b) deferred compensation plans
The role of the Senior Human Resources Benefits & Wellness Specialist encompasses a high level of professional and administrative responsibilities, focused on efficiently coordinating and overseeing the day-to-day functioning of IRSC's comprehensive benefits program. This position establishes the strategic direction and operational supervision of the employee health and welfare initiatives within the College. Responsibilities encompass meticulous management of group health, life, vision, retirement plans, as well as voluntary benefits, leaves, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, and workers' compensation. One of the key responsibilities of this role is to resolve benefits-related challenges while ensuring optimal plan utilization and fostering a positive employee rapport. This position assumes the vital task of coordinating wellness-oriented events tailored for the well-being of college employees.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Partner with the operations team in process design, process changes, identification of existing programs and any process improvement opportunities.
- Ensures compliance of state and federal laws and College policies related to benefit programs.
- Oversees and ensures correct filing and timely reporting of workers' compensation claims, manages claims with the appropriate entities, and works with the supervisors to get the injured worker back to work in an appropriate capacity in a timely manner.
- Prepares and develops communication and educational materials regarding the benefits package for all eligible, insured employees.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information including reconciliation of monthly health plan enrollment changes and related premium changes.
- Assists with new-hire orientations.
- Plays a key role in Open Enrollment including working with plan administrators, insurance brokers, and third-party administrators to review plan options, plan changes and plan utilization with HR leaders and Finance.
- During Open Enrollment and throughout the year, works closely with internal stakeholders such as information technology, to communicate plan changes.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Responds to retirement plan inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities
- Oversees the compiling of statistical summaries of participant data in wellness programs to ensure proper detailed program evaluation and potential return on investment.
- Assists the People & Culture Manager in the development of budget, policies, and procedures relevant to the operation of the wellness program.
- Assists with the benefit functionality of the Workday system to ensure accuracy.
- Completes all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; four (4) years of related work experience including prior experience as a benefits administrator; preferably in a Workday environment with direct experience handling company benefits; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Additional HR certifications preferred (example: PHR or SHRM)
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- An in-depth understanding of HR programs and practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skill in organizing, analyzing, negotiating, efficiently using resources, time management, solving problems, and prioritizing.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of HRIS systems and its use in the administration of benefits
- Skill in applying and using technology as related to this position including working with Microsoft Office and Windows based applications.
- Ability to be accurate and detailed oriented; apply good judgement, be self-motivated, and work independently.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
This position classifies the physical exertion requirements as sedentary work involving lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally, and other sedentary criteria are met.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Additionally, all employees of the College are expected to maintain professional standards of communication, able to learn and apply new technology, and abide by all policies and procedures. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
This description is intended to indicate typical kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring every specific duty and responsibility of the particular position. This job description is not intended to be a contract for employment, and the employer reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to the job description at any time without notice.