Addiction Counselor - Adults - Located in Rockford, IL - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay
|$20 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Sign on bonus available!
- $4,000 - non-license
- $5,000 - licensed
Let’s change lives together.
Join a purpose-driven community of champions.
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 9a-530p. 1 Shift will be a late shift 130p-10p.
Position Purpose: Provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Participate as a team member in the delivery of addictions treatment services to clients and their families and facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
• Master’s Degree preferred in psychology, counseling, social work or related field (second level license required for Therapist title)
• Demonstrated education, training or experience in the criminal thinking model
• Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
• Skilled in conducting individual, family and group counseling
• Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients, parents, staff or community resources
• Minimum tCADC or achieve and maintain licensure as a LBSW, LMSW, tLMHC, or other state or
national licensure that supersedes the tCADC within 90 days of hire or transfer
• CPR or complete within three months
1. Work hours prescribed by the Coordinator and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
2. Undertake primary case management responsibilities for designated patients.
3. Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions for patients and/or family members.
4. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
5. Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions, therapeutic passes, and discharge plans).
6. Assume on-call responsibilities per schedule or when designated.
7. Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families, employees and community groups.
8. Be familiar with court proceedings and available to make court appearances on behalf of Rosecrance patients.
9. Serve as a member of the DOC Clinical Team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
10. Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the Code of Conduct and with the framework of the law.
11. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
12. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients, and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance
13. Assume other related responsibilities as delegated and assigned
Work Location: Rosecrance Griffin Williamson – Rockford, IL
Benefits: Rosecrance values its employees and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Salary based on education, experience, and credentials
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance and licensure/certification reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, sick time, bereavement leave
- Referral program earning up to $1,000 per hire!
- Wellness plan and certain facilities offering an on-site gym
Rosecrance is a leading non-profit provider of comprehensive behavioral health services in the United States. With over 100 years of experience, Rosecrance is dedicated to helping individuals and families overcome substance abuse and mental health challenges. We operate a network of treatment centers and outpatient programs, offering evidence-based therapies and compassionate care to promote lasting recovery.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals and families affected by substance abuse and mental health disorders, we invite you to join our team at Rosecrance. Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Health and Safety
Enjoy a safe and healthy work environment! As a federally funded company, Rosecrance operates under multiple licenses and accreditation agencies, requiring strict adherence to their respective laws and policies concerning employee health and safety requirements. Compliance with the company's health policies is a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Our hiring decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, and experience relevant to the requirements of the position.