Health Service Specialist - CNA/CMA - Located in Rockford, IL
| Verified Pay
|$15.43 to $17.25 per hour
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
Let’s change lives together.
Join a purpose-driven community of champions.
This position qualifies for a $1,000 sign-on bonus that is paid out within your first 9 months!
Position Purpose: Hours Available - (Monday-Friday 1:00pm-9:30pm)
This is an entry level clinical position working in the addiction field. Directly supervise addicted clients. Provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Participate as a team member in the delivery of addictions treatment services to clients and their families and to facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations. This position is a great way to gain experience in the substance abuse field with an opportunity for continuing education by obtaining the Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor certificate (CADC).
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum CNA, CMA or EMT certification or currently in enrolled in program for RN or LPN.
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid training complete within three months
• Skilled in behavioral management techniques
• Valid Illinois driver's license - Computer skills required, experience with documenting in an electronic health record preferred.
- Work hours prescribed by Nursing Manager and be available to work additional hours when necessary. Overtime may be required
- Assist with client admissions and discharges as directed.
- Verify admissions medications at admission with client’s physician or pharmacy
- Conduct client health history/assessment and report to nurse prior to admission.
- Transcribe orders.
- Assist with vital signs assessments.
- Assist with withdrawal screens as directed by the nurse.
- Provide follow up communication to clients with ongoing medical concerns.
- May participate in client rounds on the Unit(s) assigned.
- Monitor and document client’s response to medication and report any notable response immediately.
- Act as an advocate for all clients and report all physical/psychological concerns to the medical and clinical staff.
- Facilitate communication between clinical and medical staff.
- Provide client education in individual and group settings on topics including: medications, physical health, mental health and alcohol and substance abuse issues.
- Document client’s progress in the individualized Medical Treatment Plan for designated clients.
- Schedule client follow up medical appointments and coordinate transportation if necessary to outside providers.
- Read all logs and obtain pertinent information from staff of previous shifts, counselors, staff, etc.
- Attend all scheduled meetings of staff, such as nursing meetings, department meetings, or appropriate committee meetings as designated.
- Assume any additional responsibilities as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Starting pay HS/GED - $15.43/hr
- Starting pay Associates - $16.37/hr
- Starting pay Bachelors - $17.25/hr
- Additional $.50/hr with CADC certification
- Monday-Friday 1:00pm-9:30pm
Work Location: Rosecrance Harrison Campus – Rockford, IL
Benefits: Rosecrance values its employees and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Salary based on education, experience, and credentials
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance and licensure/certification reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, sick time, bereavement leave
- Referral program earning up to $1,000 per hire!
- Wellness plan and certain facilities offering an on-site gym
Rosecrance is a leading non-profit provider of comprehensive behavioral health services in the United States. With over 100 years of experience, Rosecrance is dedicated to helping individuals and families overcome substance abuse and mental health challenges. We operate a network of treatment centers and outpatient programs, offering evidence-based therapies and compassionate care to promote lasting recovery.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals and families affected by substance abuse and mental health disorders, we invite you to join our team at Rosecrance. Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Health and Safety
Enjoy a safe and healthy work environment! As a federally funded company, Rosecrance operates under multiple licenses and accreditation agencies, requiring strict adherence to their respective laws and policies concerning employee health and safety requirements. Compliance with the company's health policies is a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Our hiring decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, and experience relevant to the requirements of the position.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization