Technical Writer - NATOPS - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$42 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Create technical documentation from research and review of engineering, mechanical and electrical drawings, supplier data, and other source documents for incorporation into an NATOPS Flight Manuals or Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) as required. Day to day tasks include XML coding and managing processes for publication standardization, work folder integrity, quality assurance reviews, change records, validation, and publishing.
• Translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and
• Research and verify technical information for accuracy
• Control document and file management across multiple projects
• Manage multiple assignments while ensuring technical accuracy, adherence to documentation
standards, and timely delivery of all projects
• Effectively collaborate with Subject Matter Experts, team members, and engineers
• Collaborate effectively and respectfully with clients
• Fully understand client needs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• 3+ years working in technical writing environment
• Aviation background (Aircrewman, mechanical, aerospace, electrical/avionics, COMNAV, etc.)
and/or hands-on experience in the aviation industry
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings, schematics, specifications, and technical
• Experience with S1000D, MIL-STD-3001, and/or MIL-SPEC specifications
• Previous use and/or knowledge of Simplified English and SGML/XML
• Previous use and/or knowledge of Adobe FrameMaker, Notepad ++, other XML authoring software,
Quicksilver and/or Arbortext Editor
• Expert knowledge of all MS Office tools
• Familiarity with NATOPS, US Navy style guides, and MIL-STD desired
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline. May consider relevant experience in lieu of formal degree.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as work requirements demand. This position may be eligible for a compressed work schedule.
Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position requires an active Secret clearance, at a minimum, or the ability to obtain one.