est. per hourSt. Mark's School • 15d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Teacher- Preschool/Head Start
| Estimated Pay ||$30 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Positive and creative team member who provides a nurturing classroom. Planning and implementing developmentally appropriate learning experiences that engage the whole child. Supports the readiness of children through social/emotional, cognitive, physical and language activities. Establishes and maintains a safe, healthy learning environment. Encourages the involvement of families and strengthening the relationships between children, families and community. This is a school year position.
- Be knowledgeable about SMOC Child Care and Head Start philosophy and all regulations and performance standards (EEC, Head Start, NAEYC and QRIS) applicable to the assigned classroom.
- Supports classroom team in preparing and implementing a successful learning environment that supports and challenges each child's development.
- Participates in opportunities for staff growth and development.
- Communicates regularly with teacher, lead teacher, and/or supervisor and shares all pertinent information as quickly as possible.
- Observes and records children's behavior for the purpose of assessing skills and planning appropriately to meet individual and group needs. Recognizes areas of concern, assists in appropriate intervention or needed referrals and participates in conferences.
- Assesses classroom needs for equipment, materials and supplies and reports to lead teacher and/or supervisor.
- Maintains the space, equipment, materials and supplies in a safe, clean and orderly fashion.
- Assists in providing accurate and timely reports, record keeping and other documentation required for assigned classroom.
- Maintains strict adherence to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, trainings, committee meetings and parent functions.
- Contributes to a positive, supportive relationship by maintaining contact with families by phone calls, conferences, home visits, arrivals & departures, and family volunteer opportunities.
- Engage all clients by understanding and addressing their needs whether within or outside the scope of work.
- Attend & participate in engagement team meetings as requested and communicate effectively with clients and staff in other areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of client, employee and agency information in accordance with federal and state laws and funder requirements.
- Ensure compliance with program/department, agency and/or funder requirements, as well as, SMOC policies & procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- EEC PS Teacher certificate required;
- Must be comfortable working with diverse backgrounds and able to effectively communicate with children, families and co-workers.
- Bi-lingual skills a plus.
- Priority given to past or present Head Start parents for positions for which they are qualified in the Head Start program.
- Directly reports to Assistant Center Director
- Indirectly reports to Senior Center Director.
- Direct reports of this position are n/a.
- Must be able to handle the physical aspects of the position including the lifting of a child.
- Recent physical exam determining good health and meeting all EEC requirements.
As part of the responsibilities of this position, the Teacher will have direct or incidental contact with clients served by SMOC in various programs funded or administered through the Executive Office of Health and Human Services. A successful background check is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
37.50 hours per week