est. per hourSt. Mark's School • 15d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Teacher Toddler/Preschool Float
| Estimated Pay ||$30 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Positive, caring and creative team member who provides a variety of learning experiences to tap into the children’s curiosity and engage the whole child. Planning and implementing developmentally appropriate learning experiences that allow for children to explore, learn, and grow in a meaningful way. Supports the readiness of children through social/emotional, cognitive, physical, and language activities. Establishes and maintains a balanced, safe, healthy learning environment. Encourages the involvement of families and strengthening the relationships between children, families, and community.
- Be knowledgeable on SMOC philosophy and all regulations and performance standards (EEC, NAEYC, Head Start and QRIS) applicable to the assigned classroom/program.
- Follows all policies and procedures in our employee handbook.
- Is aware of all transportation policies and children taking transportation to/from the site.
- Supports classroom team in planning, preparing and implementing a successful learning environment that supports and challenges each child's development.
- Maintains all required information and data on TSG or other assessment tools we are using.
- Participates in opportunities for staff growth and development.
- Communicates regularly with lead teacher and/or supervisor and shares all pertinent information as quickly as possible.
- Observes and records children's behavior for the purpose of assessing skills and planning appropriately to meet individual and group needs. Recognizes areas of concern, assists in appropriate intervention or needed referrals and participates in conferences.
- Assesses classroom needs for equipment, materials and supplies and reports to lead teacher and/or
- Maintains the space, equipment, materials and supplies in a safe, clean and orderly fashion.
- Assists in providing accurate and timely reports, record keeping, and other documentation required for assigned classroom.
- Maintains accurate attendance at all times and is knows the number of children they are responsible for at all times.
- Conducts fire drills monthly as well as checking CO2 detectors.
- Maintains strict adherence to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, trainings, committee meetings and parent functions.
- Contributes to a positive, supportive relationship by maintaining contact with families by phone calls, conferences, home visits (for HS), arrivals & departures, and family volunteer opportunities.
- Engage all clients by understanding and addressing their needs whether within or outside the scope of work. · Attend & participate in engagement team meetings as requested and communicate effectively with clients and staff in other areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of client, employee and agency information in accordance with federal and state laws and funder requirements.
- Ensure compliance with program/department, agency and/or funder requirements, as well as SMOC policies & procedures · Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- EEC qualified for Teacher position.
- Use good judgment
- Bi-lingual skills a plus
- Must be comfortable working with diverse backgrounds and able to effectively communicate with children,
- families and co-workers. ·
- Computer skills a plus
- Must be able to handle the physical aspects of the position including the lifting of a child and sitting on the floor
- with them.
- Must be able to react quickly in an emergency, bending, lifting, going up and down stairs quickly, move quickly
- in general, if needed.
- Recent physical exam determining good health and meeting all EEC/HS requirements.
- Must show proof of being fully vaccinated from Covid-19.
Directly reports to Lead Teacher and/or Manager
As part of the responsibilities of this position, the Teacher will have direct or incidental contact with clients served by SMOC in various programs funded or administered through the Executive Office of Health and Human Services. A successful background check is required.
Monday - Friday 8:30am -5:00 pm
35 - 40 hours per week