Field Service Technician - Full-time
| Estimated Pay ||$37 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
At ProMach, we’re looking for people who want to shine. You’ll have opportunities to take your career in the direction you desire. You can be creative. Strategic. Persuasive. Influential. Meticulous. A technical enthusiast. A closer. A futurist.
As a Field Service Technician, you’ll be challenged and rewarded. Impact our customers’ packaging performance and efficiency every day. Help build the future of packaging automation. We’re proud of that and know you will be too.
Do we have your attention? Keep reading.
Quest Industrial is a subsidiary of ProMach with production facilities in Monroe and Middleton, WI. Quest seeks a talented Field Service Technician with an electrical/controls background to support the installation, maintenance, and repair of industrial automated equipment. This is a remote position.
Does this work interest you?
- Provide technical support for electrical controls and troubleshooting for customers both in the field and over the phone.
- Provide on-call emergency service and maintain communication while in the field (travel is greater than 50% to customer sites).
- Develop/modify/troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programs for existing packaging machines with direction from Engineering.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair units while in the field.
- Maintain records of service calls, training, expenses.
- Study technical manuals and attend training sessions provided by equipment manufacturers to maintain current knowledge.
- Commission, test, and debug robotic systems.
- Support manufacturing when required and help perform and conclude both Pre-FAT and FAT.
What’s in it for you?
There's no monopoly on good ideas or limits to how far you can advance with our team. We offer an open, communicative environment that fosters individual initiative. We pride ourselves on being a company where people choose to build a career.
In addition to growth opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental programs, as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, and a retirement savings plan with a company match. And because we understand the importance of feeling protected, there is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment!
If this sounds like you, we want to connect!
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation programming software with the ability to connect to Allen Bradley PLC’s and HMI’s for troubleshooting and some coding.
- Proficiency troubleshooting electrical circuits, I/O devices, VFD’s, servo motors and various industrial networks.
- Experience with robotic applications including programming and vision (Fanuc preferred).
- Hands-on experience working with industrial automation equipment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Understand and markup electrical schematics and read 2D, 3D AutoCad mechanical assembly drawings.
- A minimum Applied Science (2-year degree) with emphasis in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Maintenance, Industrial Automation, Mechatronics or Robotic Programming. Employer will also accept individuals with over 2 years full time working experience in related fields.
- Excellent customer service skills and the desire to work.
- PLC programming, HMI development and troubleshooting skills.
- General understanding of automation; including but not limited to: high-speed assembly machinery, SCADA / Gantry / Six-Axis Robotics, FANUC robots and general automation technology.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD electrical is a plus.
- Familiarity with Ladder Logic, Studio 5000 and Factory Talk are a plus.
We have been named to the Inc. 5,000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. seven times. We continue to introduce innovative products, enter new markets, expand our global presence, and actively acquire new capabilities.
We have the rewards, opportunities, and market strengths of a large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working with a growing company that competes globally with the personal touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact every day.
Curious about life at ProMach? Follow us on , , and !
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.