Registry Speech Pathologist
| Estimated Pay ||$19 per hour|
|Location||Park ridge, Illinois|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
- Responsible for all principal accountabilities of a Speech Pathologist II
- Responsible for staying abreast of clinical and operational developments.
- Assumes other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Masters degree in speech from an accredited school At least 2 years of experience Maintains continuing education requirements as mandated by professional standards
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good interpersonal skills and communication Competent knowledge in a variety of diagnostic and treatment techniques Recognition of needs and behaviors of specific age groups
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Illinois CPR Certification BCLS CFY eligible
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Required to work weekends, holidays, and/or early evening hours as assigned, based on department guidelines. Off campus locations as assigned. Lift 20 to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 10 to 25 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly. May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening disease. Direct contact with bodily fluids. Ability to assist, escort, transfer, and respond to patient needs for extended periods of time. Speaks English clearly, intelligibly and fluently.
- This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 08/01/2014. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.