Field Service Technician
| Estimated Pay ||$24 per hour|
|Location||Walterboro, South Carolina|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
The Field Service Technician assumes a high level of responsibility early and work on some of the most advanced and hardest working machines in the world. Successful Field Service Technicians are fast learners, self-motivated and independent workers. They have the ability to work under pressure and the willingness to work in varying conditions. Field Service Technicians receive intensive training in troubleshooting, technical procedures, and safety.
Blanchard Machinery Company is committed to fostering a high-performance work culture with challenging work opportunities that inspire high quality results. Some of the benefits of joining our team are:
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing, generous PTO and paid holidays, uniforms, and much more.
- Exposure to world-class CAT training and development.
- A friendly and supportive work environment.
- Continuous exposure to learning and new technologies.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair of all types mechanical and hydraulic- and diesel-powered equipment, including; diesel engines, transmissions, drive train components, winches, high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, air compressors, microprocessor controls, electro-mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, gearboxes, PTO's, 12/24v electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls, chassis and suspension, A/C systems etc.
- Perform inspections and test equipment for proper operation.
- Install and/or repair new or reconditioned parts.
- Complete paperwork, including parts requisitions/returns, timecards, and service reports.
- Utilize diagnostic equipment and systems to assist in repairs.
- Maintain service truck and all equipment on the service truck.
- Ensure total customer service through direct customer interactions.
- Represent Blanchard Machinery by consistently exhibiting a professional manner, arriving on time and communicating with the customer throughout the repair process.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of heavy equipment experience required
- Previous experience on CAT equipment is a plus.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and proper repair procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics, operating and maintenance service manuals.
- Possess advanced working knowledge of equipment operation and associated operating systems.
- Ability to operate lifting devices.
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment
- Familiarization of electronic cables, connections, and sensors
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills are required.
- A demonstrated committment to accuracy, organization and ability to priortize tasks is required.
- Possess strong problem solving skills, have the ability to set and keep priorities and be able to handle stress associated with a fast paced environment and deadlines.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside (non-climate controlled) and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to injury and/or hazardous materials.
- Job requires standing, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, twisting, turning, lifting.
- Physical use of a broad variety of tools and machines in order to maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Must be able to lift varied weight.
- Seeing, reading, and writing to complete job responsibilities.
- Use of computer and other forms of technology to complete job responsibilities.