| Verified Pay
|$19.19 - $23.80 per hour
About this job
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
Inspects, tests and audits raw material, non-complex components, sub-assemblies and assemblies. Compares them against Raymond and/or industry standards. Documents results appropriately in computer database. Performs work under direct supervision. Handles basic issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to others. You will:
- Receives and processes non-complex components, high volume/low mix sub-assemblies and/or assemblies. Inspects, tests and/or audits the same against established blueprints, routings, tests, and/or procedures.
- Utilizes a variety of inspection tools and measuring devices such as micrometers, verniers, gauges and tape measures.
- Addresses quality issues with the appropriate level Inspector.
- Follows specific documentation procedures and logs results appropriately onto computer database.
- Ensures equipment is in good operating condition and calibrated prior to use.
- May be required to operate lift trucks or overhead cranes/hoists to move heavy materials.
- Follows specific procedures in order to complete non-complex, repetitive tasks.
- Uses and complies with engineering and quality standards/procedures such as Quality Assurance Program (QAP), Raymond Workmanship Standards (RWS), and drawings.
- Supports the Company’s 5S program in an effort to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner.
- Makes recommendations to change outdated or ineffective procedures through the kaizen process.
- Supports Toyota Production System (TPS) driven processes and activities.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Regular attendance in the workplace is required for interaction with others and to support teamwork.
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- A High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
- Three or more years of manufacturing experience is required, including at least one year as an Inspector.
It would be great if you had:
- Applies a fundamental knowledge of subject matter.
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires a high level of attention to detail with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer skills are required. Must be familiar with basic word processing, databases and business software.
- Requires a basic ability to read blueprints/diagrams/specifications, comprehend/follow detailed instruction and perform shop math functions.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Salaries ranging from $19.19 - $23.80 per hour depending on experience.
Relocation - This position may qualify for relocation.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- 10 paid vacation days
- Vacation on day 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program