Testing Center Operations Assistant (Part - Time) - Full-time / Part-time
| Verified Pay ||$14.00 - $14.50 per hour|
About this job
- Assists the Assessment and Testing Center Manager with the operation, monitoring, oversight, and coordination of the Assessment & Testing Center facilities to ensure that facilities are well and appropriately utilized and ensure that the university's assessment and testing needs are met.
- Processes reservation requests and scheduling of facility, and responds to other relevant support requests
- Ensures that thorough, courteous, and effective communication is maintained with stakeholders.
- Monitors students during examinations to ensure that testing resources are accessible, testing procedures are followed, and restrictions are enforced.
- Takes appropriate measures in response to possible honor code violations and reports incidents to the appropriate authorities.
- Enforces all Assessment & Testing Center policies and presents an authoritative presence in the facility
- Works closely with Assessment and Testing Center Manager to ensure that technology resources are maintained in good working order.
- Diagnoses minor hardware, software, and network issues.
- Maintains procedural documentation and training materials.
- Participates in special projects and events.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Face-to-face customer service experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and the ability to setup computers and perform basic troubleshooting.
- The ability to present an authoritative presence while enforcing rules and restrictions.
- Familiarity with higher education testing and assessment protocols is desirable.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. James Madison University uses the E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.
Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.Reasonable Accommodation Request