- Hershey Entertainment & Resorts • 5d ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Future Opportunities Intern Category Management - Hershey - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$16 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Location: Hershey, PA
Duration: March 2024 - May 2025
This internship is a full year, part time during the semester and full time during the summer. Students must reside near Hershey, PA for the duration of the internship.
By coming to The Hershey Company, not only will you have the sweetest internship on Earth, but you will also have fun and learn more than you thought possible in a six-month time span. Our interns are exposed to high-level projects stemming from top management, meaning plenty of exposure for you as you look to make connections and build your career. You will understand the entire business, learn all relevant measures to the industry, and become a pro with data analytics. You will use Excel daily and become a power user.
Our interns are considered actual employees and contribute to projects similar to our analysts. No worries though, we help you get there through extensive training.
We are seeking top talent that have a passion for winning and making a difference. The Intern, Category Management position at The Hershey Company provides the opportunity to work with our customers and build upon your business acumen skills.
A unique opportunity to gain real-world sales experience with a Fortune 500 company that provides exposure to many business functions including sales, logistics, category management, and customer marketing. Intern will work 20 hours / week during the school year and 38.75 hours during the summer months. Will require a balance of remote and 2-3 days of work in our corporate office. Successful interns will be eligible to extend their internship another 6-months and/or for full-time opportunities upon graduating.
Your daily activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Category Management team in developing and directing comprehensive category programs, plans, and reviews that provide consumer and category-based solutions.
- Support development of strategic solutions to achieve Hershey sales objectives by utilizing tools / processes to improve item and shelf space optimization, in-store merchandising, pricing, and promotion planning.
- Help answer overarching business questions from top leadership using available resources including data and advanced tools.
- May assist with weekly reporting around seasons, ad tracking, P&L, merchandising, etc.
- Develop fact-based analysis of customer business trends utilizing a variety of data.
- Analyze/monitor competitive assortments, feature pricing and merchandise activity.
- Learn to utilize third party data such as IRI or Panel data and visualize for team.
- Hands on experience at Retail to learn the impact of Category Management on store-level execution and the skills developed at retail to aid in a successful long-term career.
- Networking - meet and greets with individuals from around the organization.
Our interns possess strong analytical, selling, and communication skills. In addition, critical thinking, leadership, and organizational skills are key to planning, prioritizing, and executing our business plan. Successful job performance comes from a commitment to generating results.
The qualified, successful candidate will possess the following:
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Ability to work independently and in a remote work environment.
- Reliable transportation to get to and from work as well as attend sales calls
- Willingness to learn and motivation to succeed
- Previous work experience is a plus
- Education: Currently enrolled in a degree program as a sophomore or junior at the start of the internship
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Experience with Access, Tableau, Alteryx or other Data visualization tools
- Data analytics in a previous job, internship, or school project
Please be advised that The Hershey Company welcomes all applicants to internships. However, Hershey will not provide immigration-related support for these internships.
Hershey also will not provide immigration-related sponsorship (such as H-1B) for entry-level roles should you later apply for one of those roles in the future.
Nearest Major Market: Harrisburg