Area Coach - Full-time / Part-time
|Location|| 1619 South Highland |
About this job
“ You are applying for work with a franchisee of Taco Bell, not Taco Bell Corp. or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.”
The Area Coach (AC) provides overall leadership and direct supervision of approximately 4 - 10 Taco Bell restaurants to ensure that each Restaurant General Manager (RGM) meets or exceeds the Annual Operating Plan established for their individual unit.
The position is intended to be almost exclusively as support for the RGMs. The AC accomplishes these objectives by actively engaging in the coaching and direction of RGMs and Assistant General Managers (AGMs) on a day-to-day basis. Focal points include establishing and reviewing unit-specific performance targets in guest service, margin improvement and employee satisfaction, reinforcing company standards in food safety, product and facility specifications, allocating limited capital budgets to meet highest priority facility needs, introducing and reinforcing new company products and initiatives, and selecting, training, developing and motivating managerial employees. The AC may directly perform hands-on operational work as necessary to train new managerial employees, respond to immediate or severe customer service needs or otherwise role model appropriate skills and behaviors in the restaurant.
You have two primary roles. Your principle role is to support the long-term development of your RGMs. Your second role is to ensure that customers are receiving a consistent and positive experience in our restaurants.
- Priority #1: Build Management Capability:
- People Role model the How We Work Together Principles.
- Find and hire the best RGMs, Assistant General Managers and Shift Managers.
- Personally conduct orientation to set up new managers for success.
- Build a deep bench of talented restaurant leaders.
- Coach your RGMs on the “4 Rights” in their restaurants.
- Impart skills every day to grow performance and to develop.
- Takes action without being told, goes beyond what is simply required and maintains a high activity level.
- Priority #2: Ensure Consistent Customer Satisfaction:
- Customer Role model Customer Mania, especially when you’re in the restaurant.
- Understand how customers are viewing your restaurants through scheduled visits and detailed analysis (VOC and CORE).
- Coach your RGMs to ensure that each restaurant consistently delivers CHAMPS.
- Work with your RGMs to identify and develop strategies to address opportunities.
- Lead product and program rollouts with your RGMs to ensure success.
- Participate in Centralized Orientation.
- Know how your restaurants compare with competitors and strive to be the best.
- Resolve Customer complaints quickly while maintaining positive Customer relations.
- Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic attitude with co-workers, subordinates and customers.
- Priority #3: Coach Process and Discipline Around the P&L: Sales and Profits
- Analyze the financial performance of your area and understand trends.
- Coach your RGMs, using EARS and the Period Business Review, on ways to drive sales and maximize profitability.
- Provide regular feedback to the RGM through 1:1s.
- Provide ongoing constructive and complimentary feedback to the RGM, AGM, SMGR and Team Members.
Job Requirements and Essential Functions
- Strong preference for internal promote from RGM/MTM position.
- Associates or Undergraduate degree or equivalent Taco Bell/industry experience.
- 6-8 years supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Taco Bell performance metrics, product specifications and management systems.
- Technically proficient in all aspects of food preparation, production and delivery. Displays detailed knowledge of all key food handling/food safety procedures.
- Demonstrated track record of workplace achievement in the selection, coaching and development of managerial employees.
- Proven ability to drive customer satisfaction, financial performance and employee satisfaction.
- Background checks are run on all management employees
- Able to oversee and manage subordinate employees and provide direction.
- Must travel to designated stores and work with management team on a regular basis
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license