LPN - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$21 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Manager and functions within the LPN Scope of Practice. The LPN is responsible for providing direct patient care to patients with medical/surgical needs. This includes age appropriate interventions that meet physical, emotional, developmental, psychosocial and educational needs.
The LPN is responsible for coordination and delivery of high quality care. LPN participates in call rotation and weekend visits as needed. The LPN can serve as a preceptor for new LPN employees. They are responsible for attending and participating in staff meetings, in-services, special projects and continued education.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing
- Current State of Georgia professional licensure.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum of one year medical/surgical nursing practice in an acute care environment preferred.
Required Minimum Certification:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA) is required
Required Minimum Skills
- Positive leadership, problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong assessment and clinical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write and follow directions to patient’s homes.
- Use of Windows based computer, utilizing home health patient software, email, internet, computer based learning modules, etc.