- $14 - $17.50
Verified per hourRoyal Farms • 30d ago Good pay Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourPizza Hut • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per houriD Tech • 17d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourKennedy Krieger Institute • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per houriAnthus • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCity Teaching Alliance • 17d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Starting at $17.00
Verified per hourDunkin' Donuts • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourPopeyes • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Professional Student Advocate (Tutor)
| Verified Pay ||Starting at $25.00 per hour|
|Hours||Seasonal Full-time, Seasonal Part-time|
About this job
Professional Student Advocate (Tutor)
Location: Baltimore City
Reports to: Cluster Lead
Schedule: Monday - Thursday (Occasional Fridays)
Salary: $25 per hour starting salary
Our Professional Student Advocates (PSAs) provide small group tutoring for K-12 students in Baltimore City Schools. A successful candidate demonstrates a passion and commitment to the success of students. The candidate must be punctual, consistent, take initiative, results-driven, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as PSAs regularly interact with all stakeholders at the school, supervisors and other team members.
By joining Concentric Educational Solutions, PSA’s will have the ability to create a positive learning environment for students through identifying and implementing appropriate instructional strategies, creating individualized action plans, assessing student performance and using observation and data analysis to create subsequent strategies aimed at improving student achievement. Specific responsibilities include:
- Building strong relationships with students and serving as a student advocate
- Designing and implementing small group instruction
- Monitoring student progress using provided assessment tools
- Reviewing student progress notes and prior assessment notes before each tutoring session, then completing progress notes after each tutoring session
- Interacting and collaborating with school staff in a professional manner
- Attending synchronous and asynchronous professional development workshops and onboarding
- Implementing feedback provided by supervisor
- Possess the ability to take initiative and work independently while also knowing when to request support when necessary.
- Committed to being punctual for all company events and regular workdays
- Maintaining professionalism inclusive of attire, punctuality, and communication
Required Skills and Competencies.
- Associates Degree required. A Bachelor's degree is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience interacting with a diverse group of people
- Prior experience working with schools and children as a mentor, tutor, child/student advocate and/or teacher is a plus.
- Background in teaching K-12 subjects including, Reading, Math, Science and Social Studies is a plus.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to complete an in person fingerprinting and must pass a background check
- Access to reliable transportation is required
- Ability to work onsite during the established school day and calendar year
What you’ll need to be successful.
- Ability to be an effective and a positive role model for students and understand the needs of urban students, schools, and communities
- Exhibit patience and understanding with students who need help learning
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while obtaining impactful results
- Ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels, including students, families, coworkers, and community members.
At Concentric Educational Solutions, you will have the ability to directly impact the lives of children by helping students and their families achieve success in their educational journey. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits.
Concentric Educational Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and Inclusion is an integral part of our organization and reputation. At CES, we do not discriminate and we are committed to recruit, retain, develop and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by law.
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Available to work: weekdays
- Willing to travel locally
- At least bachelor's degree or higher
- 1+ year of experience in the education industry
- 2-3 years of total work experience