Housekeeping Attendant/Nights - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$10 per hour|
|Location||Dry prong, Louisiana|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
SUPERVISOR: Housekeeping Shift Supervisor EXEMPT (Y/N): No
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Key Employee
Under direct supervision of the Housekeeping Shift Supervisor. Contributes to a positive guest experience by maintaining the guest areas, entrances, gaming areas and administrative areas in a clean and sanitary condition. Meet or exceed guest satisfaction.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Sweeps, mops and scrubs floors.
- Cleans and vacuums rugs and carpets.
- Dusts and polishes furniture.
- Cleans guest and gaming areas.
- Washes windows, walls and mirrors.
- Cleans, sanitizes and deodorizes restrooms; replaces soap and paper products.
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles and ashtrays; disposes of trash appropriately.
- Notifies management concerning needs of major repairs.
- Maintains equipment and custodial supplies and replenishes as needed.
- Maintains entrances, steps and walkways.
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in all job duties and continually seek improvement in results.
- Skills in the use of cleaning tools, chemicals, cleaners and disinfectants.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year experience preferred in guest services.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Reliable transportation to meet your schedule demands.
- No felony or theft convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain Gaming License.
- Tribal Preference.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY:
Members of the Jena Band of Choctaw Tribe shall be given absolute preference with respect to hiring, promotions, training, contracting and separation from employment. For persons who meet the minimum qualifications, preferential treatment shall be based on the following criteria and shall be given in the following order:
- Enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw tribe who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Spouses of enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Enrolled members of other recognized tribes who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Military Veterans;
- All others who satisfy the minimum job qualifications.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
- The employee occasionally is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work is generally performed in office setting, Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and moderate noise level, as well as, outdoors at maintenance work sites.
- Situations where using safety shoes, safety goggles, gloves and protective face shields may arise.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common.
- Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro