est. per hourFamily Dollar • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Sanitation Manager- Night Shift
|Location||Mount sterling, Kentucky|
About this job
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestle is the place for you. Nestle USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestle's presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Sanitation Manager is responsible for managing the cleaning, change overs, and setup of the factory while leading and developing employees assigned to that area. The Sanitation Manager will have responsibility for the chemical team, chemical inventories/ordering, sanitation (EPSU) associate orientation/training, supplies inventory/ordering, and the overall safety of the EPSU team.
- Directs activities to attain sanitation goals consistent with safety, security, quality, cost, productivity, and morale.
- Works directly with environmental team to ensure recycle program compliance.
- Works with chemical suppliers on chemical inventory, ordering and partnership plan.
- Manages waste disposal program in accordance with Nestle requirements
- Reviews and establishes material, equipment, and manpower resource requirements.
- Develops and establishes departmental standards and practices utilizing all GI requirements.
- Ensures safe work instructions and employees follow proper SOPs.
- Coordinates sanitation activities with other functions such as production planning, QA and Maintenance, new product development, manufacturing engineering, and inspection.
- Provides guidance and counseling to employees on:
- Employee individual development planning.
- Performance of independent work.
- Development of employee knowledge of work in the context of overall business
- Shaping attitudes and behaviors that support the Solon Compass and the
- Manufacturing goals of NQMS and NCE.
- Develops all employees' understanding and skill on resources available to them; work with internal and external resources to break down barriers and /or improve effectiveness in achieving business objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and Nestle guidelines pertaining to Safety, Heath, and Environmental.
- Ensures all employees have the required level of safety training, all equipment and installations are well maintained with safety guards & devices and associates are using the appropriate PPE.
- Ensures compliance of all food safety guidelines.
- Facilitate planning and implementation in daily operations, not limited to but including: emergency situations, USDA interventions and conditional changes in business demands impacting the lines.
- Provides feedback and direction to employees regarding performance.
- Intervene when the team no longer meets performance expectations.
- Tracks Employee attendance.
- Handles scheduling of all associates in Sanitation.
BS or Associates Degree required
3-5 years Manufacturing/Food related experience in a high-speed environment; cross-functional experience. Experience with HACCP, USDA, Sanitation, and GMPs. TPM knowledge a plus
Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends. Needs to be a leader that can influence a team and form collaboration.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestle. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestle seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestle home.
The Nestle Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.