Resp Care Intern
About this job
The Respiratory Care Intern provides limited respiratory care procedures designated by submitted clinical skills competency from the accredited Respiratory Care program he/she is enrolled in and validated by the respiratory department. Duties and responsibilities are under the direct supervision of a credentialed Respiratory Care Professional. Performance of this job will also require a close working relationship with the medical staff and respiratory care leadership. Good customer relations, assessment and communication skills are a must for this job.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Service * Promotes a team spirit and positive work environment
- Quality and Safety * Provides current clinical skill competency each semester * Perform limited respiratory care procedures * Maintain high-level of patient safety (Medication Safety, NPSG, etc.)
- Safe Environment * Maintain clean work environment * Clean, process, and deliver equipment * Stock equipment areas as needed
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma Required or
- equivalent. Required and
- Enrolled in a Respiratory Care Program that is recognized by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) and the American Medical Association on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) or equivalent accepted by the Georgia Medical Board. Required
Required Minimum Experience
- Completion of one semester in a formal AMA approved program in Respiratory Therapy. Required
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to utilize good judgment and understanding of clinical limitations.
- Excellent mental and cognitive skills for decision-making;
- effective communication skills and ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with physicians and other hospital personnel.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Basic Life Support 2.00 Required 2.00