Dietitian Clinical - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$29 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Practices as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team responsible for the provision of medical nutrition therapy. Fosters continuity of the Nutrition Care Process across all phases of the continuum of care as recommended by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Performs nutrition assessment for patients identified to be at nutrition risk based on criteria outlined by the hospital and best practice standards. Calculates metabolic nutrient requirements according to the age and disease specific needs of patients. Performs nutrition focused physical exam to further evaluate risk of malnutrition as indicated. Develops a nutrition diagnosis as appropriate and consistent with the Nutrition Care Process. Creates and implements a nutrition intervention and care plan for all patients with a nutrition diagnosis. Continuously evaluates and monitors the effectiveness and outcomes of medical nutrition therapy intervention. Provides nutrition education to patients, family, and/or members of the health care team on recommended nutrition intervention(s) to accomplish nutrition goals; which may include, but is not limited to any of the following topics: specialized diet, enteral/oral medical nutrition supplements, food selections, eating behaviors, and community nutrition resources. Manages the delivery of nutrition care services according to the site of care assigned. Participates in performance improvement and research activities. Mentors dietetic interns/diet technicians. Actively assess, evaluates and maintains professional development and competencies outlined in the position description.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with a major in nutrition/dietetics. Required
- Completion of a supervised practice didactic program accredited by the Accreditation Counsel for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). Required
Required Minimum Experience
- One to two years clinical experience Preferred
- Experience with electronic medical record charting systems and other software relative to food service systems. Required
Required Minimum Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of best practices in clinical nutrition and the dietetics profession.
- Knowledge of Nutrition Care Process and its use in complex cases in the clinical setting.
- Ability to think critically to apply nutrition interventions to patients with multiple comorbidities and/or special needs including management of enteral nutrition provisions.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with other healthcare professionals in sharing nutrition knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to work with patient interests and health in mind.
- Knowledge of malnutrition assessment including performance of nutrition focused physical exam preferred.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Lic Dietician 1.00 Required 1.00
- Registered Dietician 2.00 Required 2.00
- Basic Life Support 3.00 Preferred 3.00