Surgical Technologist Cert 2
| Estimated Pay ||$19 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Wellstar West Georgia Medical Center located in LaGrange GA - We are seeking a Surgical Tech to join our Surgery Team!
The Surgical Technologist Certified– functions under the direction of the registered professional nurse. Assists the health care team in providing safe, age appropriate and culturally aware patient care. He/she has knowledge, skill and ability to perform duties within the context of moderate to high acuity surgical cases (with an expectation on occasion to work above this level as cases require) as defined by the scope of anatomy, equipment and instrumentation of the case and anticipates the needs of the surgeon and other members of the healthcare team. Exhibits an acquisition of additional surgical skills for progressively more difficult cases. Demonstrates an efficient, organized surgical plan for assigned cases. Takes initiative to discuss surgical plan with other members of the healthcare team. Able to troubleshoot instruments and equipment. Anticipates any additional supplies or equipment required for procedures. Ability to mentor, precept or train in various modalities. Participates in performance improvement initiatives. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparation of the operative suite and surgical field to ensure a safe patient care environment while being vigilant for the maintenance of the sterile field and other patient safety concerns. In addition, they will gather required instruments, supplies and serve as surgical assistant as needed. (not to be confused with a certified surgical first assistant). Other duties as assigned including but not limited to assisting with inventory, ordering and stocking ORs and additional perioperative areas as assigned. Also, ensure that the unit is compliant with Joint Commission standards at all times. Call or late coverage may be required related to the facility in which the ST is working.
This is a Full-Time Day shift position
Required Minimum Education:
- High school diploma/ GED required or Graduate of an accredited (for example: CAAHEP and ABHES) program in surgical technology or a licensed practical nurse.
Required Minimum Experience:
- OR experience preferred. Required Minimum Certification: National certification, CST or NCCT, in surgical technology required.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with other health care providers in the provision of patient care
- Ability to delegate to other team members as required
- Ability to multi-task essential
- Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential
- Strong detail orientation required
- Knowledge of surgical procedures required
- Basic computer skills are required
- Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing
- Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities, self-direct, and apply independent judgment
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Skill and ability in basic computer skills to include Word, Excel