Physical Therapy Assistant
| Estimated Pay ||$40 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
The Physical Therapy Assistant, under the direction of the Physical Therapist collaborates in planning and implementing programs that help to restore or improve function in mobility, strength, coordination, and range of motion in patients suffering from disease or injurty. Services are provided across the full continuum and rendered in a cost conscious, quality focused, and customer oriented manner. Compliance with all applicable regulatory standards is also required with this role.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Provision of Care
* Implements the physical therapy treatment plan under the direction of the physical therapist.
* Selects appropriate treatment activities to progress patient towards goals.
* Revises goals/plan of care in collaboration with the physical therapist and patient/family
* Provides ongoing patient/family education and training
* Provides discharge instructions, follow-up and referral to community resources as appropriate
* Acts as a referral source for staff, families, physicians on services and equipment related to rehabilitation services.
* Documents each treatment session according to departmental protocols
* Completes and submits family education, discharge and other required documentation within facility and program guidelines
- General Requirements
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
* Maintains attendance/punctuality in accordance with system policy and procedure.
* Adheres to departmental dress code policy, including wearing and displaying ID badge appropriately.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing with all team members. Attends and participates in staff meetings, required inservices, process improvement activities, and other meetings as requested.
* Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Utilizes materials and equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner.
* Observes infection prevention precautions
- Customer Service
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation and customer service. Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees and patients.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients,
* Consistently applies AIDET principles in all interactions with patients.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients. Treats patients and fellow team members with respect. Fosters teamwork with trust, support and collaboration.
* Demonstrates knowledge of service recovery principles and implements appropriately
- Professional Development
* Participates in professional development and mandatory education activities.
* Completes core and annual competencies according to established departmental timelines.
* Completes all educational requirements required by discipline to maintain licensure.
* Participates in orientation and training of new employees.
* Completes all mandatory hospital and/or system mandatory requirements
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma Required or
- equivalent Required and
- graduate from an accredited physical therapy assistant program. Required
Required Minimum Skills
- Effective communication skills, customer service focused, team oriented, and basic computer skills.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Physical Therapist Asst 1.00 Required 1.00
- Basic Life Support 2.00 Required 2.00